DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Superchips Problem... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67121)

JakeRam02 11-25-2010 02:27 PM

Superchips Problem...

Recently purchased the 3865 for my '02 1500, 4.7 with a 5 speed. Programmed with the 91 octane tune right away and with it being a standard shift, I don't have the "P R N D 2 1" selector lights under the speedometer, or at least I'm not supposed to... After the programming completed, I magically had the "P R N D 2 1" lights under the speedometer, and they won't go away. I also noticed little to NO difference with the tune. I messaged Ron on the Superchips.com forum about the problem, and he seemed at a loss of what the problem would be. He "forwarded the issue to the engineers and made it a high priority." I haven't heard back from him in over a week. Help.....:4-dontknow:

ram 98 318ci 11-25-2010 02:39 PM

not sure try to return it to the stock settings and re update your programmer

RamItAll 11-27-2010 03:35 PM

usually say it takes at least a month to actually notice the difference. truck has to get used to the programming. as for the lights coming on, no idea. maybe the programmer just made the led behind the gauge come on. never heard of that happening

98sst 11-27-2010 03:39 PM

RamItAll is right, it takes a while for it to kick in. first day, I wasn't too impressed... after a week I felt a tremendous difference.

I don't know what's going on with that. Sounds just like a strange coincidence.

JakeRam02 12-07-2010 02:58 PM

i've tried returning to stock and updating, i've tried talking to Ron on the superchips forum, and i've been emailing another guy from superchips and all that they can tell me is that they're "forwarding the issue to the engineers." it's been like 4 weeks and i haven't heard anything from anyone.

also anyone that has this programmer, have you gotten the monitoring system to work, like monitoring temperatures and 0-60 times and such??

RamItAll 12-08-2010 02:37 PM

i would just keep on them. but IMO i dont think it was the programmer that would've caused it. and as for the monitoring system id love to help but im holding out on buying a programmer since i will most likely be getting a new truck after winter and might go with DSP tuner

05atlanticblue 12-08-2010 09:06 PM

right off the bat there is little difference. drive it for a month or two then detune it back to stock. you'll see the difference it made.

for the difference it made on mine, i'd deal with the auto indicator...
btw does the indicator do anything while driving and shifting?

JakeRam02 12-26-2010 04:55 PM

I finally got an email back from the "engineers," and apparently they went through my stock files stored on the programmer, and they found an automatic file somewhere in the program. All they could tell me was that somebody either had a tuner on it before, or that somebody flashed the computer at some point and put the wrong program on it - one containing an automatic file...

Well then I started noticing a gasoline smell in my oil, so I drained it and there was gas floating on top of the oil... can't figure out what the issue is there, so I tuned my truck back to stock and I have yet to notice it again. So far this superchips flashpaq has been a waste...

05atlanticblue 12-27-2010 01:05 AM

if you have that much gas in your oil, something else mechanical is going on inside your engine...

JakeRam02 01-10-2011 01:53 PM

that's what you would think, but i put the chip on my friend's '06 4.7, he had no issues beforehand, and after about 2 weeks of running with the superchips, he had gas in his oil as well.