DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Speakers stop working... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67370)

js1977 11-28-2010 09:00 PM

Speakers stop working...

So my family and I drive down to Texas from Missouri for Thanksgiving in my 2011 RAM, it's about a 8 to 9 hour trip depending on how many stops I have to make for my family. I can make it down in 7 1/2 hrs by myself, lol got to love kids:i_rolleyes:. Anyways while we're down there I get in my truck Thanksgiving day and the speakers start popping and going in and out. So I turned the radio off until I got a chance to look at it closer. Well I went back out later and noticed that it was both front and back door speakers, and both corner dash speakers and maybe the two in the ceiling that weren't working correct or popping/crackling. The only ones that work correctly the whole time is the center dash speaker and the sub under the seat. I thought maybe a fuse or a loose wire, I checked the fuses and they were good to go. I tried to take it up to a dodge dealer on friday and they told me they couldn't look at it because I wouldn't be there on monday if they had to order parts. I asked if they could just look at it and see if it was a loose wire or if they could just unplug the speakers that were making the crackling/popping noises. They told me that they couldn't because the warrenty doesn't cover unfinished work, whatever that means. So lets just say it was a long 8hr drive back to missouri today:smiledown:, but it wasn't too bad, the wife and I had a few laughs along the way. Has this happened to anyone else???? The speakers that is....If not, I guess I'll find out what it is when I take it in tomorrow.

RamTech 11-28-2010 09:09 PM

What's the radio code? It should be in the lower right hand corner of the head unit.

20Laramie11 11-28-2010 09:10 PM

Can't help here but gotta say I am very interested to see the outcome of this one. Hope this doesn't end up being a common occurance for us '11 owners! Good luck!

js1977 11-28-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 369224)
What's the radio code? It should be in the lower right hand corner of the head unit.

It's the RBZ

RamTech 11-28-2010 09:21 PM

From what I'm seeing, it's probably going to be the head unit or amp.

js1977 11-28-2010 09:27 PM

really, well that would kinda suck if it's my radio since I've up loaded some CD to it and through the CD's away. If it was the radio I wonder if they would be willing to replace it with the radio that you can hook up a back up cam to or if it'd cost more....

RamTech 11-28-2010 09:29 PM

I can guarantee it would cost you more if they agreed to do it.

js1977 11-28-2010 09:35 PM

LOL, yeah your probably right, when I bought the truck I asked them if they could add the camera and the guy went and asked the tech and he said It would cost too much to have done, since they would have to replace the radio with the one compatible to the camera system, the camera was only around 170 or 200, it wasn't much, but I had the wrong radio code. I'll probably just have them fix it back to the way it was.

js1977 11-29-2010 06:15 PM

Well I was hoping to find out what was causing my speaker problem, BBBUUTTTT, I called the dealer today and they can't get me in until Wed at 10am. So I guess I'll have to wait until then, I wish there was something I could check to figure this out. I'm not a very patient person.

js1977 12-01-2010 07:23 PM

Well I took it in today and was told that the front door speakers were defected and would need to be replaced, so they have to order them and will call me friday to install them, cross your fingers, I hope this solves this issue. It sucks not having a radio for more then a week!!!