DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Remote Start Failing. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67487)

RamTex 11-30-2010 01:43 PM

Remote Start Failing.

So yeah, i noticed my remote start hasent been working lately. And i saw that i am getting a "Remote Start Aborted Hood Ajar" error. I close the hood good and still wont fix it any help with a quick fix would be great or you guys think i should take it in.

HoustonHemi 11-30-2010 02:51 PM

Is the Hood switch working correctly? Remote start will not engage with the hood open. Hood switch is up front just behind the grill.

RamTex 11-30-2010 04:23 PM

what does it look like can you get a pic?

CHVYKLR 11-30-2010 04:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here are a couple of pics.

1st pic - shows the switch (center circle, this is right of the hood catch)
2nd pic - a closer shot of pic 1
3rd pic - attempted a side view
4th pic - the plastic part that pushes down on the switch. mounted up on the hood itself.

I'm not the greatest photographer but hope these help.

RamTex 11-30-2010 05:59 PM

Well yep some how i am missing them that is very strange i think they fell out some how. Guess im going to the dodge house to order some of those plastic hood inserts gay...

CHVYKLR 11-30-2010 06:18 PM

you're missing the plastic piece from the 4th pic? was it never there it did it maybe get broke off while the hood was open?

HoustonHemi 11-30-2010 07:24 PM

Great pics GABRIELDY!!!

RamTex 12-02-2010 12:24 PM

Yeah thats what im thinking maybe i might have hit one on accident while changing mmy coils and plugs. Also i have taken a power washer to the underside of the hood before might have knocked one out then. What's the part # for those i need both. Thanks again for the pics tons of help with good visual reference.

j2010ray 11-12-2011 11:57 AM

Man if it wasn't for the Z i would go crazy tryin to figure out why the remote start doesn't work! Thanks again guys! :smileup:

cfarley 11-19-2011 04:05 PM

Hi All . I have just bought a 2009 Ram 1500 with every bell and whistle.I have had irt almost two months and still have to pull over when a new lite or message comes on to find out what it is. I have the remote start and love it but as you say they are touchy as well we only got one when we purchased not knowing they are to come with two and all of the software to kweep the navagation ,radio ,uconnesct computer ipod ect.up to date and we did not get that.In our manual it tells you how to program a new remote and that you can do uo to eight.Also if you loose one you can erase them all and re program them.
I went to two dealers and both said they cannot be reprogramed and that you can only do two.I have seen then on ebay new for 49.00 and they match the numbers on the back of my fob so I am going to try it .The dealer wants 300.00 for the fob and 50.00 to program .What say you .....cfarley