DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum CANADA (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Newfoundland Members (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67610)

duck2456 12-01-2010 10:01 PM

Newfoundland Members

Any newfoundland home or away, to join to talk about local places to get mods or selling, maybe get some kind of meet

RansRAM 12-01-2010 10:06 PM

Hey duck2456, don't know any local newfie places since I live in Mississauga. However my Mom was born in Change Islands so I have lots of relatives down there, just thought I'd say hello. Looks like you have a great RAM there.

xopt1js 12-03-2010 12:28 PM

How ya gettin on by's?

My wife is from Newfoundland and we visit back quite often.

Where are you from duck?

duck2456 12-04-2010 02:28 AM

I'm from pouch cove , living in carbonear , what about da wife where is she from

xopt1js 12-04-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck2456 (Post 373472)
I'm from pouch cove , living in carbonear , what about da wife where is she from

Conception Bay South, not too far from Pouch Cove. Gotta love the Avalon Peninsula. :smileup:

Wheelcrazy 01-31-2011 11:17 PM

Mods here on the Rock

Hi from Paradise NL. So you are looking to do some mods well forget getting the parts from around here. Action Truck Cap has the most parts for your Sport however you will pay the price. I have order a Bull Bar from CA. (K2 Motors search google) sent to the door for 280 taxes duty shipping included. Would have costed around 450 at Action. Note since it comes from CA it took 24 days to get here. Also ordered a Cold Air induction(15% HP increase) from J. C. Whitney payed 290 taxes and duty shipping included. Would have cost around 390 with taxes at a few places here in town. Nerf bars for the truck also from the US 180 to the door. So I have found it is cheaper to buy from down south then in Canada. www.jcwhitney.com, I found has good sales also google for discount coupons to get even lower prices like free shipping then you only have to pay 11.99 custom brokerage fee. K2 Motors also charges 11.99 but charges high shipping prices- still cheaper to buy from them then buy here in town.
Hows your gas L/kms after I added the cold air I can get 15 L/km if I do a lot of highway and drive like a grandma here in the city. If I drive only in the city and drive normal I only get between 18.5 to 20 which sucks.
I think it is a good idea to have get togethers when we can get few Rams owner to join the form.

platinuminjected 02-01-2011 01:33 AM

im newfie too livin in the capital of newfoundland..good ol fort mac lol im orginally from summerford but iv been gone away for about 8 years now and dont get home as often as i would like so i wuddn have a clew about places to get mods done but its good to see fellow newfies on here!!!!

xopt1js 02-03-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelcrazy (Post 429782)
Hi from Paradise NL.

Beautiful spot. We always visit there when I go home with the wife. She is from Foxtrap so not that far away.

Am thinking about drving down this year so maybe I can take the truck and meet up with da by's down there. :smileup:

dgard61 03-23-2011 04:11 PM

Hi Guy's
Glad to see some fellow Newfoundlanders on the forum. There's a lot of good info here. I'm originally from Clarenville, the wife is from St John's. We won't hold that against her, :hah:LOL . Been living here in Ontario for 25 yrs now. Only 6 more to go. Then back to the rock. Usually get back home every 1 -2 years. Best drive to Newfie I had was last fall. Love the RAM.

HEMIGUY390 09-30-2011 07:01 AM

HOWS YA GETTIN ON BY'S. I am in grand Falls. Just bought the 2011 Ram sport crew. What a rig. Glad to have found this group. You can try autoanything.com for gear as well. Now I heard the new 5.7 can be taken to the dealer and reprogrammed to 425/HP!!! Sounds good to me if you hear anything on it let us know and i'll do the same. ( cant drive like a grandma all the time with that hemi lol) it's too much fun......