DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Vents change to defrost under load (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67704)

B and B LANDSCAPES 12-02-2010 09:29 PM

Vents change to defrost under load

My vents work fine except it changes automatically to defrost when i put the engine under a load ( like full throttle or change gears too quick and have rpms real low) then when the engine gets out of its struggle they change back to where ever i have it set.... My last dodge truck started doing this right before i sold it so i never looked into it... both trucks didnt do it at first but started... anyone care to elaborate what normally would cause this?:4-dontknow:

RamTech 12-03-2010 10:00 AM

A bad vacuum check valve can cause this. It's located in the vacuum line that runs into the cab.

xnumnutsx 11-04-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 372880)
A bad vacuum check valve can cause this. It's located in the vacuum line that runs into the cab.

do you know exactly were i can find this valve? cause i have this same problem on my truck and it is so annoying!

Warlock III 11-24-2011 05:26 PM

If memory serves me correctly...Pass side of the intake there's a line that comes out under right where the throttle cable is. Follow that line and look for the off-white and black inline valve. If not...follow the vacuum line that comes out the passenger's side firewall and look for the same valve in the vacuum line.

xnumnutsx 11-24-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 661084)
If memory serves me correctly...Pass side of the intake there's a line that comes out under right where the throttle cable is. Follow that line and look for the off-white and black inline valve. If not...follow the vacuum line that comes out the passenger's side firewall and look for the same valve in the vacuum line.

good shit! ill do that tmrw!!

Warlock III 11-25-2011 10:22 AM

...and pick up a bar of soap while you're at it young man...:old: sutch a potty mouth...

and don't forget to give our member's a rep if they help you out...

...I'm feelin' pretty unf'n appreciated right about now Carl...

xnumnutsx 11-25-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 661378)
...and pick up a bar of soap while you're at it young man...:old: sutch a potty mouth...

and don't forget to give our member's a rep if they help you out...

...I'm feelin' pretty unf'n appreciated right about now Carl...

how the hell do i do that?

erm 11-25-2011 02:19 PM

Take a look at the Newbie How To's on giving and receiving Reputation.

And I agree...let's cut back on the 4 letter words a bit...

KdkGrizz 05-05-2012 11:43 PM

Stumbled across this post thankfully

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 661084)

Warlock, Thanks for the good info. I was noticing this issue with the vents this past weekend while pulling my camper. I was trying to sort it out in my mind if it was a trans issue, or a vacuum issue. Glad to know I was on the right track...:smileup:

I will search out the check valve, and replace it. I think while I am at it I might just replace the throttle position sensor. Been having some erratic shifting in the top end gears.

Be good and thanks for the info...

Grizz....:)

KdkGrizz 05-07-2012 04:25 PM

Not the check valve.

Well guys. Pulled and replaced the check valvue in question. No change. Now I fear that I am going to have every vacuum ling under the hood and in the passenbger compatment looking for a leak......z:(

Any other suggestions......:doh: