DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Back-up Camera on All Cars/SUV's and Pick-Ups (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67782)

RootBeer 12-03-2010 07:33 PM

Back-up Camera on All Cars/SUV's and Pick-Ups

Just saw a report on the news that all cars, SUV's, and pick-ups will be required to have a back-up camera by 2014.

I think this is one excellent safety requirement that is long overdue.

RockyRam 12-03-2010 07:45 PM

That is cool Rootbeer, I'd like to have it on Rocky!

CdnoilRAM 12-03-2010 07:51 PM

What!?!?! This is crazy! I WANT to hit people when I back up... now I won't have the excuse of 'I didn't see them, officer!'

Big Daddy 12-04-2010 03:56 PM

Did they say anything about radar? Personal preference but given only one or the other I'd rather have that than a camera alone.

Chili1K 12-04-2010 04:01 PM

Maybe if its government mandatory.. maybe Government wants to buy my truck one...

LOL...

I do want one though.. :D

dubstar 12-04-2010 09:19 PM

stupid idea.

yes things like trucks, saloon cars etc...

but come on, anyone who drives a small hatchback that needs sensors or a camera shouldnt be driving.

GTyankee 12-05-2010 01:56 AM

it has to do with all the children that have been injured or died because of backing accidents

most vehicles have blind spots that we all know about, the biggest one being the right rear between the rear window & the side window, not many people think about the biggest one of all, the sheet metal from the top of the tail lights down to the ground, or on our trucks, from the top of the tailgate down

rick980 12-30-2010 10:52 AM

The placement on the handle on these trucks is perfect, I installed my own one in the front and one in the back, except on the back I put it on the opposite side then it usually goes on because of my after market power tailgate lock gets in the way. It is the perfect place though either side of the handle it shows everything behind the truck I would say at least 20 feet back and also it allows you to see the hitch ball so hooking a trailer up alone would be a snap. The front camera is sweet for those poles that have cement around them and well we all know if you have a CC the spots are yes too narrow but also seem like I am hanging out into the lane so you wanna get as close to the pole as possible. I park in handicap spots on occasion since I am in a chair as long as there is not a a cart corral too close by then I park far away and get some cardio LOL anyway those seem to be where those light poles are.

HoustonHemi 01-01-2011 10:57 AM

Good Deal!!!! Wife has one in her Mustang, Friend has one in his F-150,,, Both seem to come in pretty handy and would like to have one myself!!!!

bsboothe 01-04-2011 11:21 PM

It's not a bad idea if all trucks come stock from the factory and that means better stereo options. If nothing else, I rather have the backup camera video output in my rear view mirror personally.