DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   5.9L V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   I am absolutely beside myself . (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67860)

Toms Blue Ram 1500 12-04-2010 09:21 PM

I am absolutely beside myself .

Going to work this morning . Exited off the beltway and stopped at the traffic light . Made my right hand turn and the truck just doesn't feel right . Pull into work and it's feeling bad . Back into my parking spot and the transmission just feels like absolute dog shit . It's not slipping . It feels dead . No response when cracking the throttle . It even sounds winey when in gear . The fluid still looks red and doesn't have much of a smell . It almost feels like it's in second gear (limp home mode) but I confirmed that it's not . I am so pissed right now . The truck hasn't been abused , if anything it's been babied . So before I turn the truck off I see the check engine light is on . I'll have to see if I can get any codes out of it tomorrow . But I just have a bad feeling . This will be the third time in 130,000 miles . If I could find a 5 speed truck I'd convert the damn thing . I really hate automatics anymore . I had to get this off my chest . DAMN IT

kiddynamite 12-04-2010 10:02 PM

sorry man...hopefully its nothing too crazy. have a few cold beers and try to relax.

RootBeer 12-04-2010 10:06 PM

That sucks Tom. Really sorry to hear it. Let us know what you find.

GeauxHunting 12-04-2010 10:10 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I am having transmission trouble too.

Juice420 12-04-2010 10:13 PM

That sucks Tom. Let us know the outcome.

erm 12-04-2010 11:18 PM

Sorry for your troubles, Tom. Keep us updated!!!

dodgeman70592 12-04-2010 11:32 PM

Drive the SRT for a bit, you will feel better :)

Sorry to hear about the trouble

MoparMadness08 12-04-2010 11:57 PM

That sucks. Hope you get it figured out. But thats a dam dodge tranny for ya.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 12-08-2010 12:23 AM

Well after all the BS with the tranny issues in my truck and SRT car , momma has given me the go ahead to cut the truck and Cadillac loose and purchase myself a brand new Ram . I spent today getting the SRT car straightened out . Drove home this evening and felt great . I also talked with my buddie at a local trans shop . He's trying to track me down a 5 speed donor truck and wants to check out my trans before I condemn it . I would really love a new truck but at this point don't want another car payment . Gonna try and get the ram to the shop and see what he has to say . Fingers crossed .

chithead 12-08-2010 02:56 AM

I got my fingers crossed too for you!!!