DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Spring popping sound/feel in leather seats (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=68202)

KTMPRO 12-08-2010 11:20 PM

Spring popping sound/feel in leather seats

Had this problem from day one, on the drivers seat (don't ride passenger to know if that side does it too). Took it to the dealer, they said they couldn't find a broken spring or anything, and lubed all the springs, no change. This isn't a squeek, its an audible and feel when either getting into the seat, or moving around. It drives me up a wall to feel and sound like I am getting into a 70's beater every morning. I know someone had a broken spring and the seat replaced. Has anyone had another symptom fixed that could be causing this? By the way, I did look as best I could under the seat, but it is like a rats nest of wires under there. Don't want to cause another problem trying to find the cause of this one, so I have been putting up with it bitterly for now.

emax 12-09-2010 09:26 AM

KTMPRO took mine back 3 times for a squeaky drivers seat and every time was told it was fixed. This last time I walked back in to the service dept and asked the girl behind the desk (the one making the appointments) to come out side when she got to my truck i bounced on the seat and said dose this sound like it is fixed she looked under the seat and stuck her hand in there and found what was squeaking she said that there is a black box for the air bags that is hanging off the seat springs and that's what was making the squeaking sound they pulled it back in and told the mechanic and they fixed it ( took about two min). It has been a day now and no squeaking so far

KTMPRO 12-10-2010 12:21 PM

Could you feel it as well? mine doesn't just squeek, you can feel a popping in the seat as well. Thanks for reply.

erm 12-10-2010 12:38 PM

Man...this stuff will drive you crazy. There has to be a harness clip or spring interconnect that is snapping as it moves.

They gotta make it right. I know it's a hassle but just keep on them until they figure it out!

GTyankee 12-10-2010 12:50 PM

sounds like 2 springs hanging up on each other

sort of like inner & outer valve springs snagging on each other

moparornocar72 12-10-2010 02:28 PM

there is a technical service bulletin for this

Ray 12-10-2010 04:25 PM

I had this on my front passenger seat. When I took it to the dealer of course it didn't make the noise then. The noise just went away on it's own as of now. If it comes back I will be bringing it in. Creeks and sqeeks drive me nuts too. Good luck getting yours resolved.

KTMPRO 12-11-2010 12:03 AM

Thanks guys, will nag them again.