DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Color Combinations (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=68353)

SUL7ENAZ 12-11-2010 02:36 PM

Color Combinations

What's up Forumz? I have been thinking of removing some of the blue on my truck and powdercoating it a different color. Lately I've just started to feel that there is too much blue (I don't want to hear that there is no such thing as too much blue wermbang! :LOL:) What color combinations would look good with they blue? I have thought of black or silver. I know that the steering I want to do black, same with the diff covers. What about the other parts of my lift? I am going to add a few parts here in the near future and would like to start hearing your suggestions. Thanks.

SUL7ENAZ 12-11-2010 02:37 PM

with blue8 ^^^^^^

GeauxHunting 12-11-2010 02:39 PM

I think silver with that blue would look very good. If you could get everything to look the same color as your rims it would give it a very clean look.

SUL7ENAZ 12-11-2010 03:19 PM

You mean chrome? Like if I chromed a few pieces here and there?

GeauxHunting 12-11-2010 05:26 PM

Yeah, basically... I don't know how pricey that would get though.

RootBeer 12-11-2010 06:30 PM

Going with chromed suspension parts would look good in a show kind of use. But if you actually use that beast for playing, I'd go with a powder coated silver or black.

Now, that said, everyone goes with black. So to be different, I'd go with silver or even white. But definitely powder coated for durability.

erm 12-11-2010 06:56 PM

Not chrome...but brushed silver or brushed aluminum.

Try a little red...calipers for instance.

Anything you don't want to show underneath, paint it black.

ScatPak07 12-12-2010 01:08 AM

I have to agree and say a silver would look pretty good.

SUL7ENAZ 12-12-2010 11:03 AM

Thanks to everyone who gave input. I would love to chrome some stuff on the underside. Problem is chrome is not very durable. It's also the kind of thing that looks tits when it's done recently and overtime starts to look terrible. I used to have a completely red 9" kit on this truck but decided on my new lift (the one that is installed) I wanted a more integrated look. I think a brushed silver that matches my shocks will be perfect. Black will look good on the steering and the diff covers and other assorted parts can take a bath in silver.

wermbang 12-13-2010 03:29 PM

Yep I would go with brushed silver and black. I am sure I have or will have enough blue on my truck for the both of us. Once I get the truck sitting the way I want I am going to start cleaning up underneath too.