DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Permanent Tire Shine???? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=68567)

jtjohns 12-14-2010 09:41 AM

Permanent Tire Shine????

Has anybody tried this stuff? It's a tire shine that doesnt wear off. It claims to last forever, but I know that's not realistic. I have a coworker that swears by it and I'm thinking about giving it a shot. The website is tuffshine.com

MS520 12-14-2010 11:24 AM

Never heard of it before but the site looks legit.

Try it out and be the guinea pig for the forum. :LOL:

jtjohns 12-14-2010 12:57 PM

Just ordered 3 kits from them, plan on giving some out for Christmas presents. The guy on the phone was really helpful and excited about the products so I'm hoping for the best. He said they just stopped taking orders online and are scheduled to enter the market in the first quarter of next year. But hey, If it works like it claims, who knows when I'll be buying more, lol.

CdnoilRAM 12-14-2010 01:03 PM

Let us know how it goes, this does sound too good to be true though, but if it is :smileup:

jtjohns 12-14-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 381301)
Let us know how it goes, this does sound too good to be true though, but if it is :smileup:

Will do. It'll be a while though. Says not to use it below 50 degrees and I'm in Ohio. :doh:

RootBeer 12-14-2010 02:18 PM

I'm not a fan of tire shine stuff. A lot of them will dry out the side-walls of the tires and cause them to prematurely crack and dry-rot.

BLKSVT 12-14-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtjohns (Post 381324)
Will do. It'll be a while though. Says not to use it below 50 degrees and I'm in Ohio. :doh:

hmmmmmm....not to "use" it or apply it below 50*..cause if they say don't use it below 50 then they will have a small market! lol. And what happens when used below 50, do your tires freeze and explode!

jtjohns 12-14-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKSVT (Post 381558)
hmmmmmm....not to "use" it or apply it below 50*..cause if they say don't use it below 50 then they will have a small market! lol. And what happens when used below 50, do your tires freeze and explode!

Not to apply it. I'm assuming there's a chemical in the product that doesn't react as it should under 50.

bransonshemi 12-19-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKSVT (Post 381558)

LOL Exactly....(squirt..squirt....BOOOOMMMM):LOL:

SslagleZ28 02-14-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootBeer (Post 381361)
I'm not a fan of tire shine stuff. A lot of them will dry out the side-walls of the tires and cause them to prematurely crack and dry-rot.

then you using the wrong stuff man. just a general rule of thumb never use Armor All it has alcohol in it for an evaporation property and can crack tires and interior eventually. Use a gel that needs to be applied by an applicator. DP Gloss Tire Gel is damn good, its an actual rubber protectant that you apply multiple coats of.