DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Window Vents for 2011 Big Horn? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=68596)

FormerChevyGuy 12-14-2010 06:26 PM

Window Vents for 2011 Big Horn?

Anyone have a good online source to order window vents for a 2011 Big Horn? I ordered a bug shield from Mopar a couple weeks ago and installed - very pleased, but they didn't have any vents available.

Studbuster 12-14-2010 07:33 PM

I got mine from a local topper shop. When you find them, be sure to get "in channel" for a cleaner, custom look.

GuyPavelo 12-15-2010 03:50 PM

Im waiting for weathertech to release theirs... In channel, and they are definitely the ones im wanting this time... No more stick on for me... And super smoked out for sure.

Juice420 12-15-2010 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Any of the visors for 09-10 trucks should fit the 11's. I have the in-channel ones and I like them very much......

GuyPavelo 12-15-2010 07:56 PM

Very nice. I like those. Weather-tech? How much were yours if you dont mind me asking?

Juice420 12-16-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyPavelo (Post 382361)
Very nice. I like those. Weather-tech? How much were yours if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks. No, their AVS in-channel vent visors. If I remember correctly they were around $35 on e-bay.

rbu1 12-16-2010 08:04 AM

I got my Mopar ones on Ebay. I don't like the in channel. For some reason I am always afraid they are going to screw up the window or something. I always get the stick on kind. When you put them on a black truck you can't tell the difference in my opinion,

erm 12-16-2010 09:30 AM

I have in-channel WeatherTech units and love them. I would think one for the 09 - 10 would fit the 11. No change in body style was made between those years and yours.

vided 12-16-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbu1 (Post 382735)
I got my Mopar ones on Ebay. I don't like the in channel. For some reason I am always afraid they are going to screw up the window or something. I always get the stick on kind. When you put them on a black truck you can't tell the difference in my opinion,

you are correct sir........:wavey:

Jason Rose 12-16-2010 01:03 PM

AutoAnything.com probably has them, whatever style you like. I ordered mine from them (and a number of other things) waiting on delievery. Iv'e bought from them before and had great luck, awesome selection and good prices. Best part is fast shipping and they will take returns on stuff that happens to not fit (and they pay for the return). I got in on the free shipping AND 15% off deal the other day.

I bought the in-channel vent shades for my '08 GMC and will NOT have them again. To me they hung down too far into the window opening and created a much larger blind spot on the front door pillars. Also they cut too much of the air from coming IN the window, even when the windows were all the way down. I've always had the stick-on's before and never really had a complaint with them. Went with the stick-on's for the new Dodge as well. I think the in channel ones should be made about an inch narrower than the stick-ons to compensate for where they mount. Just my opinion though.