DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   tranny problem PO 0933 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=68910)

lpgramman 12-18-2010 05:23 PM

tranny problem PO 0933

Hi , i,m hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on this one.
We have just converted a 2010 Ram 5.7 to LPG, driving it back to the customer i noticed the gearbox was not shifting properly,it seems to pull away in 2nd and goes int 4th i think.it has no kick down either and the manual gear selctor does,nt work
it had 2 fault codes logged PO 0933 ... PO 0731 [from memory]
The first code is a hydraulic pressure sensor circuit failure.

Any help gratefully received

cheers

RamTech 12-18-2010 06:33 PM

Was any work done that could have resulted in damage to the wiring to the transmission?

sprintertech 12-19-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpgramman (Post 384815)
Hi , i,m hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on this one.
We have just converted a 2010 Ram 5.7 to LPG, driving it back to the customer i noticed the gearbox was not shifting properly,it seems to pull away in 2nd and goes int 4th i think.it has no kick down either and the manual gear selctor does,nt work
it had 2 fault codes logged PO 0933 ... PO 0731 [from memory]
The first code is a hydraulic pressure sensor circuit failure.

Any help gratefully received

cheers

the first code can cause the second code.....always check fluid level! but if you havent hurt any electrical connectors p0731 could indicate (most times) the trans is slipping.....basically it means "gear ratio error in 1st"....p0933 is "hydraulic pressure sensor range/performance"......right now the vehicle is running in limp mode......

lpgramman 12-19-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintertech (Post 385255)
the first code can cause the second code.....always check fluid level! but if you havent hurt any electrical connectors p0731 could indicate (most times) the trans is slipping.....basically it means "gear ratio error in 1st"....p0933 is "hydraulic pressure sensor range/performance"......right now the vehicle is running in limp mode......

hi , thanks for the reply, we dont go anywhere near tranny wiring or plugs, all our wiring is done at the ECU.All the wiring we use is documented and used repeatedly on all our conversions.
My own thought is that it is just coincidence,

thanks again.

sprintertech 12-20-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpgramman (Post 385759)
My own thought is that it is just coincidence,

thanks again.

possibly but doubtful.....even with all your wiring at the pcm its easy enough to damage trans related wiring as the pcm (ecm as you called it) is the engine controller and trans controller.....5v reference is shared with trans/engine sensors....such as app sensor,map sensor,and cmp sensor in this situation....they all begin at pcm C1 harness connector yl/pk wire pin 27....
if this truck didnt have a problem when it got there its related to something you guys did imho......

lpgramman 12-23-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintertech (Post 386245)
possibly but doubtful.....even with all your wiring at the pcm its easy enough to damage trans related wiring as the pcm (ecm as you called it) is the engine controller and trans controller.....5v reference is shared with trans/engine sensors....such as app sensor,map sensor,and cmp sensor in this situation....they all begin at pcm C1 harness connector yl/pk wire pin 27....
if this truck didnt have a problem when it got there its related to something you guys did imho......

i have double checked all the wiring , plugs , pins, etc and all seems wel.
i have spoken to a guy who does a lot of work on Rams, his opinion is there is a fault within the tranny, a module.
Its in with a mercedes dealer at the moment ,so we will fgind out soon enough.
i,ll post up the outcome.

thanks again

sprintertech 12-23-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpgramman (Post 389202)
i have double checked all the wiring , plugs , pins, etc and all seems wel.
i have spoken to a guy who does a lot of work on Rams, his opinion is there is a fault within the tranny, a module.
Its in with a mercedes dealer at the moment ,so we will fgind out soon enough.
i,ll post up the outcome.

thanks again

why mercedes......

lpgramman 12-24-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintertech (Post 389355)
why mercedes......

They are also Dodge and Chrysler dealers in the UK.