DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Remote Start Sometimes Works (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=69101)

SEJO 12-20-2010 11:05 PM

Remote Start Sometimes Works

So being this chilly weather is among us, I have been using my factory remote start more often. Besides paying close to $50,000 for a pickup and getting only a one way remote start that goes about 50 feet...now it only works once in awhile.

I press the start button twice like usual and all it does is flash the lights once, like its locking the doors. I've had other people give it a try and its the same...so its not just me going crazy. This happens about 3 out of 10 times when I use the remote start. I've tried both remotes that came with the pickup and got the same response. Has anyone else come across this?

:poopstorm:

Jim Ram 12-20-2010 11:23 PM

Replace the batteries

SEJO 12-20-2010 11:26 PM

But the pickup receives the signal since the lights flash. I've never had any trouble unlocking it using the remote...but I guess its worth a shot

emax 12-20-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEJO (Post 387010)
But the pickup receives the signal since the lights flash. I've never had any trouble unlocking it using the remote...but I guess its worth a shot

You have to make sure the doors are closed all the way and the windows too. Also it will only start 2 times before you have to put the key in and make sure you are not low on fuel that will also make it not start. Some times when get in after it didn't start look at the dash it will tell you why the auto start was aborted:4-dontknow:

Flaminchiten 12-21-2010 12:00 AM

It also won't start if the panic button was pressed before putting the key in the ignition....I konw this cause my baby bit the remote and set off the panic alarm :)

RootBeer 12-21-2010 12:07 AM

One other thing not mentioned, it won't start if the fuel is down to 1/4 tank and will shut down when it reaches that level.

BlackBullet 12-21-2010 09:04 AM

mine will start with less than 1/4 of a tank, but shuts down in under a minute

pauliwalnutz 12-21-2010 10:42 AM

I hit the panic button last night by mistake. Remote start wouldn't work this morning. Lights would flash once and that was it.

KGVette 12-21-2010 02:14 PM

I actually had mine at the dealer last week about this. Mine would start and then shut down in less than a minute. They said they could not get it to do it. Interesting you guys mention it wont do it with less than a 1/4 tank. My dealer never said anything about that, idiots. I will try it next time I'm low on fuel just to see but I guess would make sense as mine also did it just occasionally, must have been low, I never thought to look at that.

GTyankee 12-21-2010 02:44 PM

Those FOBIKS have been a problem since i bought mine in February 2009,
I finally got 2 new FOBs from the dealer, after i got soaked in a rain storm while trying to get the doors to unlock
i have had no real issues since