DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Can 37's fit with a body lift and level/block kit?? 5" of lift? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=69641)

SrtJake 12-28-2010 07:39 AM

Can 37's fit with a body lift and level/block kit?? 5" of lift?

I have an 03 and am picking it up today finally.I know for sure I want to do 35" Trail Grapplers,since all I seem to need is a level kit.But what if I did a 2.5" level kit and blocks or shackles in the back with a 3" body lift?Could I get 37x12.50's under it with a -12 offset wheel?Here is a pic of my truck,it appears to have factory style flares,I don't know if they will help or hinder the fitment though.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...91hatch/03.jpg
Now I know these tires are gonna overwhelm my 4.7,so I would re-gear. But I wanted to see if I could get enough clearance with this lift.
I figure if a level kit will clear 35's,3" more with a body lift will make it no problem.Do I have it wrong?I am not against trimming to make them fit,but I don't wanna have to hack it up.
Also,blocks or lift shackles for the rear?
I don't want to do a full suspension lift at this time that is why I am considering going this route.Opinions please :smileup:

Walmartsocialclub 12-28-2010 09:04 AM

i seriously doubt it but idk if they will fit im gonna put 37 on mine!!

erm 12-28-2010 09:19 AM

It will be tight and I'd measure the offset and backspacing you need to make sure the -12mm will give you clearance at full steering lock.

I am certain 35's will work with the mods you have planned but not sure about the 37's. I'd measure how much clearance you'd have with those mods in relation to a 37" tire.

Why not go with a 5 or 6 inch suspension lift? There would be no problems with that method.

BigHorn 4 Life 12-28-2010 02:24 PM

I can get you a deal on a suspension lift.

PorkChop 12-29-2010 03:36 AM

i dont think 37 will fit...depends on how wide of tire you want too....maybe a 35.5 or 36.

Mad Dog Tannen 12-29-2010 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 392140)
It will be tight and I'd measure the offset and backspacing you need to make sure the -12mm will give you clearance at full steering lock.

I am certain 35's will work with the mods you have planned but not sure about the 37's. I'd measure how much clearance you'd have with those mods in relation to a 37" tire.

Why not go with a 5 or 6 inch suspension lift? There would be no problems with that method.

+1

That sounds like a good plan!

SrtJake 12-29-2010 04:35 AM

Good advice gentleman,thanks! I picked her up today and wow oh wow the 4.7 is already severely underpowered.You guys think it's just tired with 110k on the clock?I know I am used to a 500+whp daily driver but darn.
It is extremely clean so it leads me to believe that it was taken care of,but a tune up is in line regardless.
I know I am gonna hate driving it with larger tires!I'm gonna have to do it all at one time,gears included.
I may just settle on 35's,not 100% just yet though.I was going this route with the lift because it looks like I can get the body lift with gap guards,new keys and block for under $800.For a 6" suspension lift,it looks to be double that maybe more.
Am I looking in the wrong places?Big horn,can you PM me some info?I cannot initiate Pm's yet.Thanks and keep the thoughts coming!

SR7608 12-31-2010 08:48 PM

BIGHORN can you pm me some info about the BDS 5" lift

BigHorn 4 Life 12-31-2010 09:42 PM

Welcome to the Z bro here is my e-mail nicely412@yahoo.com.I don't think I can pm you sence you have 1 post.I will e-mail you right back.

ScatPak07 01-02-2011 11:42 PM

I dont think with the 5" lift that the 37" tires will fit. You will be able to fit the 35" tires without any worries with that kinda lift. I think that might be your best bet buddy