DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Just two questions (for now) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=69649)

parrothead 12-28-2010 08:45 AM

Just two questions (for now)

How do I know the alarm is set.Per owners manual I hit the lock button on my key fob while the door was open.I then shut the door and opened with the key.There was no alarm.So i tried the panic button on the key fob and I definitely got the alarm.
How do I turn the heated mirrors on or off?
What does DTE on my EVIC mean?

iRESQu 12-28-2010 08:49 AM

In the past, I learned that the "alarm" is set like so:
Roll down your windows.
Get out of the vehicle, shut and lock the vehicle.
Wait 10 (or so) sec.
Reach inside the opened window and lift the door handle.
That SHOULD set off the "alarm".
The alarms aren't activated by a bump to the body or even a window being broken out. They are activated once the window has been broken and access was gained through internal measures. I could be wrong, but give it a whirl. To shut it off, hit lock then unlock. I believe that should do the trick.

As for your heated mirrors, there should be a button on/near your a/c unit! I need to go look at mine, but it's really stinking cold out!
DTE=Due Till Empty, it's in relation to your fuel.

HVACeR 12-28-2010 08:55 AM

To activate your heated mirrors, look for the "defrost" button on your center console. This will turn on your heated mirrors, and if you have a solid back window, also turn on your rear window defroster.

Excoastie 12-28-2010 08:56 AM

You can activate your heated mirrors by pushing in the knob that dials in your air flow ( i.e such as do you wish it to have defrost, to your feet, hitting you in the face etc)

Exco

tcarlton0516 12-28-2010 08:56 AM

Don't know about the alarm system, but the heated mirrors can be turned on and by a button that looks like a rectangle with three curvy arrows pointed up through the rectangle. The same button turns on the rear window defroster and is located on the climate control panel. I believe it's on the mode control dial.

DTE= Distance to Empty.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 12-28-2010 09:17 AM

Looks like you have your answers .

parrothead 12-28-2010 11:24 AM

I have the defrost button and also have the power sliding rear window.So does this mean I dont have rear window defrost?
I thought that was what the DTE was,but yesterday I actually gained a mile or two at one point,so I guess the system takes into account the current MPG and makes adjustments.

HEMI5150 12-29-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead (Post 392167)
How do I know the alarm is set.Per owners manual I hit the lock button on my key fob while the door was open.I then shut the door and opened with the key.There was no alarm.So i tried the panic button on the key fob and I definitely got the alarm.
How do I turn the heated mirrors on or off?
What does DTE on my EVIC mean?

:thk:
R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-A-D the Operators Manuel, it is ALL explained there, and in english too...!

:LOL:

GTyankee 12-29-2010 12:21 AM

the owners manual will put you to sleep in 10 minutes because it so thick

as your sitting on the toilet , go through it, put away the Playboy mag

i have had my Ram since february '09 & its still teaching me stuff

parrothead 12-29-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMI5150 (Post 392841)
:thk:
R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-A-D the Operators Manuel, it is ALL explained there, and in english too...!

:LOL:

How can a Mexican Hemi named Manuel explain anything in English?