DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   bubby water sound (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=69711)

doug123 12-28-2010 09:00 PM

water sound

man i just bought this truck and after awhile i started hearing a water noise [gurgle] on passenger side thought heater core but no water leaks. it's making me crazy.

bradybrat77 12-29-2010 02:15 AM

i have the same problem, i tried to top off all the fluids and had no result. I've had my truck for about a year now and it started making that gurgling sound about a month after i bought it. it hasn't affected my trucks preformance though so I just turn the radio up louder. i would be nice to know the cause of it.

Todd F 12-29-2010 10:37 PM

I've always had that sound coming from my heater core on my f-150. It's only noticeable after I turn the truck off, so I have never worried about it.

GTyankee 12-30-2010 02:01 AM

sounds like you have air within the heater system
maybe try burping your top radiator hose a couple times
i believe it is done by squeezing the hose, someone will explain it better hopefully

audiophile 12-30-2010 11:23 AM

I have this too, started after I replace heater core. Water system is full. I have read other comments also in other forums that I read. Seems to be a common thing. Don't know if it is a real issue other than being annoying.

RootBeer 12-30-2010 12:18 PM

Yup, air in the heater system. Flushing the whole cooling system will usually fix it. But if you use to much pressure it is possible to bust the heater core (especially on a 15 year old truck) which is not an easy fix nor fun.

If you can live with it until warm weather hits, then go for the flush. At least that way you won't be freezing your arse off while working on it if you do bust the core.

Given the age, its probably due to for a cooling system flush and t-stat change anyway.

Okiespaniels 12-30-2010 08:40 PM

I've had this issue myself and nothing I've done as far as purging the systtem or sitting on a hill with the radiator cap off seems to work. Just when I think it's gone the bubbling returns. I almost wonder if I haven't got a cracked head.

doug123 12-30-2010 08:44 PM

thanks i'll give it a shot

Toms Blue Ram 1500 12-30-2010 11:19 PM

Sounds like you guys are low on coolant . Make sure that the radiator is full when the truck is running . Be careful not to open up a radiator once it's hot . Be careful .

bradybrat77 12-31-2010 12:03 AM

I've checked the radiator and added more coolant into the resivour, the sound goes away for a lil bit but in a day or so the resivour is dry and the bubbling sound comes again