DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Christmas Ram put to the test. Blizzard, Mud Slides, Floods, Rock avalanche! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70008)

Quiet Lunatic 01-01-2011 11:24 AM

Christmas Ram put to the test. Blizzard, Mud Slides, Floods, Rock avalanche!

I am a big Ram fan. I have owned several over the years. My last new Ram was in 2008. This 2011 is beyond my expectations.

I ended up at an Oregon Dodge dealer right before Christmas. And, this is no joke and you can ask the dealer. I have such faith in Dodge Ram trucks that I didn't even test drive it!!!!! Nor had I ever test driven the 2009, 2010 or the 2011 anywhere else. I bought it, signed on the dotted line and paid for it first!!!!

I immediately threw my three dogs in the crew cab and headed into 1200 miles of sleet, snow, mudslides and a rock avalanche that had me calling 911 through the Ram's wireless Ulink system as I made my way from Portland, Oregon to San Diego, California to be home for Christmas.

If you saw the national news right before Christmas, Oregon and California were both weather disaster zones. I went from icy roads, tons of snow falling and basically windshield white outs in Grants Pass late in the night, where the 4x4 kept me steady to the MASSIVE downpours in Southern California that led to a record number of wrecks, cars going out of control etc. It has been 1200 miles of EVERY weather element you can imagine.

The heated seats and heated steering wheel kept me warm while the satellite radio that NEVER cut out entertained me. It's amazing the things they can say on there! Howard Stern is G rated by comparison to a few of the shows I came across late in the night!

I have owned too many cars to count. And, we are talking top of the line BMWs and Jaguars and Porsches all made within the last 5 years. And NOT ONE OF THEM compares to how this truck drives. WOW WOW WOW.

Again, being how much I have loved my other Ram trucks over the years, I knew I didn't even have to drive it, just pick the color., However, I have to tell you that from my 2008 Ram Big Horn Edition to this 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4...OMG Dodge has done it!!!!!!!!

I am so impressed with how Dodge has revamped a truck I already had no qualms with.

The Christmas tree/Dodge commercial was continually on my mind as I truly battled every weather extreme possible. I was a bit fearful of the driving conditions I was experiencing on "Nigel's" maiden voyage since I hadn't even driven it around the block before starting the road trip. I would now feel safe driving this truck anywhere. I named him "Nigel" (the butler on the old show the Nanny) because it just seems so fitting that inside he does everything for you too from calling people, to navigating your way (and I was in the middle of NO WHERE when I realized I needed gas and let the tank run too low.) I pressed the navigation for a fuel station and was worried as it was taking me into no where land. Sure enough, a gas station!!

I am now in a Southern California mountain town with the tree I brought from Oregon in the living room of our vacation home here. Outside in the forest to our mountain hide away here, I see the new truck sparkling, even in the heavy rain and covered in 1200 miles of road grime. I went to snap a photo and the rain started turning to snow. In the moment I thought, "What a Merry Christmas indeed."

All that and I'm a grown 43 year old guy acting like a five year old over a Christmas toy!!

HVACeR 01-01-2011 11:31 AM

Awesome! Glad your truck is treating you so well, so fast.

Welcome to the forumz! Glad to have you!

BlueJet 01-01-2011 11:38 AM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Glad to have you here, I hope you enjoy the board! Glad you made it home safe and sound, quite the testament to Nigel!! That is quite the little drive. I am from San Diego and know that drive up and down the coast, you picked a hell of a time to drive it!! LOL!!

erm 01-01-2011 11:51 AM

Welcome to the forum!

CajunDodge 01-01-2011 11:52 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Nice intro and congrats on your truck, love the name, too! Glad I'm not the only one who had enough faith in the Ram, didnt' test drive mine, either, signed the paper and drove her off the lot! Glad to hear you had a safe trip, thanks for sharing the story, some :rep: to you and look forward to seeing some pics of Nigel! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-01-2011 12:17 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Congratulations on the purchase . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

Quiet Lunatic 01-01-2011 01:13 PM

How do I post pics to my profile or this link? I don't see an icon for uploading pics.

GeauxHunting 01-01-2011 01:32 PM

Welcome to the forum, wonderful introduction!

RootBeer 01-01-2011 01:32 PM

Welcome to the Z. Great intro :rep: Like you, I too bought my RootBeer without a test drive. In fact I bought it right off the delivery truck. :LOL:

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Chili1K 01-01-2011 04:10 PM

Thanks for the story! Welcome to the forumz.