DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   360 Magnaflow.Anyone have vids? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70157)

97ram2500 01-02-2011 07:39 PM

360 Magnaflow.Anyone have vids?

I just bought a 97 ram 2500 with the 360 V8. It currently has headers, Y-pipe,3" single in/2.5" dual out flowmaster 40 series on it. The headers,y-pipe,and cat's are all new but my tailpipes are rusting out and figured I'd replace the muffler while I was under there.

Does anyone have any soundclips/videos of a Magnaflow muffler on their ram with the 360. I looked on youtube and couldn't find hardly any. Like 1 or 2. The flowmaster doesn't sound too bad but it drones in the cab some,plus they're not the best flowing. Magnaflows are more straight-threw and my uncle has one on his hemi-ram and it doesn't drone real bad.

Any clips/opinions would be appreciated.

98sst 01-02-2011 09:14 PM

here's my truck, custom headers and magnaflow w/ 3 inch piping (stock on the SS/T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFB3NNviHw

97ram2500 01-02-2011 09:27 PM

Thanks for the post. Are you running cats? Do you have one or 2. Is that the round bullet type of magnaflow or is the the oval shaped canister?

is there any drone in the cab?

98sst 01-02-2011 09:29 PM

yes have cats, 1. Its the oval one. No drone at all man and to be honest, it's real quiet with the windows closed but outside it is roaring.

97ram2500 01-02-2011 10:32 PM

Thanks. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Nice and quiet inside but loud and mean on the outside. Sometimes I like putting the windows down and hearing it and other times it's nice to put them up and just listen to the radio. With the flowmaster it was getting annoying because even with the windows up you gotta talk loud and blast the radio.

SanFranRamFan 01-03-2011 12:43 AM

no vid yet (took one pre-upgrade but too busy [read: Lazy] to get the new & improved one filmed and uploaded) but i completely agree with the both of you: 97ram2500 you'll get exactly what you're looking for w/ the magnaflow.

got my K&N cold-air intake mounted at the same time as my cat-back oval magnaflow and i couldn't be happier. was just what i wanted: not too much but Way better than stock. truck jumps off the line now and easily passes other trucks on the freeway.

my neighbors run flow 40s and they're just too loud for our little street you know? honestly kind of obnoxious. the magnaflow is a deep low throaty grumble, not that over-the-top "look at me" scream, and while i can feel the floor vibrate & listen to the rumble echo outside (esp at low speeds, up hills, etc) i can also put the windows up on the highway and it's like a vacuum chamber inside - real quiet and cozy.

now i gotta get me them headers!!

98sst 01-03-2011 12:55 AM

Headers do make a big difference. You won't be disappointed with magnaflow, there's no rasp or gurgling like flowmaster. Its a clean sound.

97ram2500 01-03-2011 03:48 PM

Thanks guys,sounds like what I want,loud,good sounding but with windows up you don't have to hear it.
I agree with SanFranRamFan I live in a small neighbor hood. Houses are spread out everyone one has 1-3 acres but I don't want my neighbors getting annoyed when I let my truck sit and warm up in the driveway and then takeoff down the street. They're all nice too me so I don't want to be an ******* to them and make them listen to it all the time.

platinuminjected 01-03-2011 05:33 PM

that sst sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

2000RAM 04-02-2011 08:08 PM

Hey 98sst how about some more vids of that awesome exhaust. like some taking off and driving.