DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Lifetime Powertrain Warranty (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70160)

Seth 01-02-2011 08:27 PM

Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

Hey all, I was told by the sales person when I bought my 2010 Ram in Nov of 2009 that I had a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Everything online says different. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks!

Juice420 01-02-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth (Post 397968)
Hey all, I was told by the sales person when I bought my 2010 Ram in Nov of 2009 that I had a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Everything online says different. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "Everything online says different."?

erm 01-02-2011 08:28 PM

I'd go over your purchase paperwork and talk with your service advisor to check the warranty records against your VIN. That is where the specific warranty info on your truck will be found.

Special offers come and go on websites and salesmen lie. :D

mlc317 01-02-2011 08:33 PM

As far as i know the lifetime powertrain warranty was discontinued after the 2009 model year, that is what the salesperson told me when i bought my 2010 ram.

latitud 01-02-2011 08:33 PM

I think lifetime ended in 08

GTyankee 01-02-2011 08:35 PM

I have the Lifetime Powertrain warranty on my '09, i bought it in February '09

written right on the window sticker, under total price, it reads

WARRANTY COVERAGE
Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty
3 year or 36,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty
3 Year or 36,000 hour Towing Assistance

I now also have the Extended Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty

My ss got a ls 01-02-2011 08:45 PM

The lifetime powertrain warranty was ended in 09 all 2010 don't have that so yes even tho you bought it in 09 its still a 2010 truck so it does not have the lifetime warranty sorry for the bad news

RootBeer 01-02-2011 08:50 PM

Sorry, you were misinformed about the warranty, as the others have said, it ended in 09.

You can and should buy the Chrysler Maximum Care extended warranty. It is a bumper to bumper warranty and can be purchased for various lengths of coverage up to and including Lifetime unlimited mileage. The price is well worth it when you consider the cost of replacing a PCM or other computer. You do not have to buy it now, you can wait until you are close to using up the 3yr/36,000 mile factory warranty but it must be purchased before the end of the original warranty.

Many of the extended warranties sold by the dealers are not bumper to bumper and in many cases are only good within that dealer's network.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 01-02-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootBeer (Post 398054)
Sorry, you were misinformed about the warranty, as the others have said, it ended in 09.

You can and should buy the Chrysler Maximum Care extended warranty. It is a bumper to bumper warranty and can be purchased for various lengths of coverage up to and including Lifetime unlimited mileage. The price is well worth it when you consider the cost of replacing a PCM or other computer. You do not have to buy it now, you can wait until you are close to using up the 3yr/36,000 mile factory warranty but it must be purchased before the end of the original warranty.

Many of the extended warranties sold by the dealers are not bumper to bumper and in many cases are only good within that dealer's network.

i bought an extended bumper to bumper Chrysler warranty and they always find a reason why it doesnt cover what ever is broken :LOL:

RootBeer 01-02-2011 09:58 PM

If anyone wants a pdf version of what is covered by the Max Care, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.