DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum (
-   Heating & Cooling (
-   -   Heater hose T (

GodSpeed 01-02-2011 10:26 PM

Heater hose T
Ok I had to replace the radiator and thermostat a few months back. Soon after replacing those two pieces the T from the upper rad hose to where the hose splits and goes to the heater core and the thermostat broke. I have been unable to find a replacement T and all my efforts at making something work always leak.

The hoses into the T measure 15/16 in the top and 5/8 out each side of the bottom. Any help on locating a replacement 1 piece T. I have tried piecing together parts from Home Depot and lowes with nothing working. It always leaks.

I have tried a pieces put together with silicone. I need to find a replacement T. I am tired of wasting coolant.

Thanks for the help

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-02-2011 10:50 PM

I'd stop by the dealer and see if they have it . Why try to fab up something thats probably gonna leak anyway . They can't want much for it anyway . If you can get a part number , go to our vendor "Mopar Online Parts" and get it from them . They have better prices than the dealer anyway and it's factory parts .

GodSpeed 01-02-2011 11:07 PM

I can try that I figured the dealer would be a rip. The thing about the fitting is that the 15/16 hose and one of the 5/8 hoses had an "integrated" clamp thing on them made of plastic. Meaning there was no way to remove it. unless it was like mine and broke. I'm hoping you dont have to buy the hoses and T as a package.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-02-2011 11:32 PM

You may have to . The aluminum crimp can be cut off carefully and a clamp installed but thats not gonna help ya out . You need the T . Try going to a local parts supplier and see if they have a Motormite parts book . They have a section called HELP , it's alot of off the wall parts that are hard to come by . Here go to this link . It's our vendor and insert your info . There is several illustrations showing under the cooling system . See if you can find the part your after . It also tells you how much it is .

GodSpeed 01-03-2011 01:06 AM

Couldn't find anything on that site. I guess its off to the dealer. Pray for me, lol

GTyankee 01-03-2011 01:19 AM

you may want to check this site

william tomlinson 12-15-2016 04:54 PM

use flush kit tee app. same size get from auto parts store and three new clamps

hbc 12-29-2016 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by william tomlinson (Post 1873114)
use flush kit tee app. same size get from auto parts store and three new clamps

I have the same issue as the original poster. Generally, you have to buy the integrated hoses with two of the hoses already put together by a plastic crimp. I've thought about the flush tee kit app, but doesn't it have threads on the upper 't'? I know the other two pieces would work great, but was curious about the fitment of the upper portion that runs to the overflow tank. Is this something you've done? Thanks in advance! HBC

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.