DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What a $80 wash brush looks like! (kinda looks like a $7) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70219)

blacknback 01-03-2011 02:26 PM

What a $80 wash brush looks like! (kinda looks like a $7)

3 Attachment(s)
So it's "special" cuz it's BOARS HAIR! Some say it stinks when it is wet...wouldn't know because my outside faucet is frozen solid. Went to the drive through wash because I was freakin' about the road salt from the holiday trip over the pass. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but mom would!! Also got a nice new scratch from the car wash, so I'm in no hurry to do that again.
Also a photo of grit guards.....

Juice420 01-03-2011 03:23 PM

Boar's hair huh?! That's special. What exactly are the grit guards?

blacknback 01-03-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice420 (Post 398726)
Boar's hair huh?! That's special. What exactly are the grit guards?

Two buckets, one to rinse, other with soap. Grit guard for the "grit" to settle and not end back on the brush.

Juice420 01-03-2011 03:35 PM

Oh, cool!!

Longshot 01-03-2011 06:28 PM

where might a guy get one of them there grit guards

blacknback 01-03-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot (Post 398905)
where might a guy get one of them there grit guards

autogeek.net

RootBeer 01-03-2011 06:46 PM

I've seen various versions of those brushes at Wal-mart to Autozone, etc. Every single one of them was to stiff on the ends for my tastes. I said no way will one of those touch my paint, even if it is just manufacturer quality finish.

For me its high pressure sprayer followed by sponge or cloth of some sort for scrubbing what the sprayer doesn't get off then rinse with the sprayer and dry with a cloth.

Even when clearing snow off with a brush, I do it very gingerly. Just enough pressure to move the snow. :D Fortunately here in ID the snow is normally very dry and powdery so it doesn't take much effort to move it.

blacknback 01-03-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootBeer (Post 398926)
I've seen various versions of those brushes at Wal-mart to Autozone, etc. Every single one of them was to stiff on the ends for my tastes. I said no way will one of those touch my paint, even if it is just manufacturer quality finish.

For me its high pressure sprayer followed by sponge or cloth of some sort for scrubbing what the sprayer doesn't get off then rinse with the sprayer and dry with a cloth.

Even when clearing snow off with a brush, I do it very gingerly. Just enough pressure to move the snow. :D Fortunately here in ID the snow is normally very dry and powdery so it doesn't take much effort to move it.

you have never seen the brush at wal-mart or autozone. You are not an expert on every post...as you believe you are...removed you from my ignore list to see what you had to say...back on the list.....

blacknback 01-03-2011 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my pressure washer....pepsi got a better one too I bet.

GTyankee 01-03-2011 07:41 PM

I picked up a long wooden handled microfiber type brush from Autozone & extendable windshield washer brush & squeegee at Home Depot. Both work great for reaching across our Rams, when your vertically challenged

I saw the Montana boars hair brush with telescoping handle on a website
http://www.superiorcarcare.net/moor36bohawa1.html

for those that have not used the 2 bucket washing system:
the 2 bucket washing system is just 2 - 3 to 5 gallon buckets, i picked them up at Home Depot, but, there are cheaper at a paint store, i think
1 bucket has just warm water, the second has warm water & your cleaning solution. soak up the water/cleaning solution with your brush first, then start washing, then shake the brush around in the clear water, BEFORE you get more of the soapy solution on it to continue washing. When the rinse water starts to get dirty, dump it & refresh the water. This way you are not putting the grime filled brush into your cleaning solution & putting it right back on your vehicle. a clean paint roller screen hanging on the lip of your clear water bucket, helps to get the grime off the brush

Now get outside & stand on your snow bank & start washing heheh