DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Heating & Cooling (
-   -   Coolant resivor/Tank?? (

GodSpeed 01-03-2011 08:38 PM

Coolant resivor/Tank??
I just replaced my radiator cap today, fired the truck up. And after turning I have a pinhole leak causing bubbles from the fill neck where the cap screws on.

I am looking to find a replacement but evidently I have no idea what this is actually called. its the tank with the pink antifreeze. Any help?

erieriverrat 01-03-2011 09:28 PM

overflow tank?

CdnoilRAM 01-03-2011 10:35 PM

I vote overflow reservoir as well.

bigdaddyII 01-25-2011 11:21 AM

The correct name is "Degas bottle". The dealer is the only place I have found for a new one. Its not that expensive, like $50 or so. Mine started doing the same thing after replacing my radiator, I just dont have the heart to waste the extra $20 in coolant to change it yet.

pewolf09 05-04-2011 08:19 PM

I replace mine it cost me about $70 @
I think its call overflow tank.

autometrics 05-04-2011 08:42 PM

Most common name is expansion tank

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger