DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   New Years Resolution... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70300)

98sst 01-04-2011 02:56 AM

New Years Resolution...

After seeing Big Daddy and his dramatic results from weight loss, i figured i'd do the opposite... I have always been skinny my whole life. At points, very skinny. Sophmore year of wrestling I was 6'2" and as low as 142lbs. The strength is there for my lean body, as all my lifts (bench, powerclean, and squat) were at a minimum of 50lbs over my body weight. Well I've been talking to a few friends who have been filling me in on Creatine. I'm going to begin a routine of that coupled with eating better and even some protein.

Right now i'm at about 6'4"-6'5" and 157.2lbs (Way lower than i had thought).... my goal is to be atleast 190lbs. I know for some people it seems like they can eat 2 pounds of food and gain 5, lol. Well it's not that easy for me. If I eat 2 pounds, I'll lose 3. It's going to be a battle because of my fast metabolism but I hear it is possible to beat.

Throughout this thread, I will be documenting my results such as how much i'm lifting and my current weight and how I overall feel.

I'm going to look into a gym membership for more lifting, but for now, I'm just lifting at school doing the 3 core lifts and some supplemental lifts.

so... day 1... I wasn't looking to be very strong as I have not lifted in a LONG time. My weight has surprised me, in a bad way. I used to be around 165. Last month I had become very sick, 12 days of sickness infact. I had lost my appetite and figured I would lose weight. Another contributing factor is I tend to not be hungry around breakfast. That is the first thing that will change, I will force myself to have something to keep me going.

Weight - 157.2
Bench press - 205lbs
Power clean - 195
Squat - 185 (Due to a torn MCL last year, I don't think that will improve much)
Mile time: 6:17
after my first day of lifting, it's time for a protein shake.. Lol. I will be having one in the morning, after school, and before bed.

Tomorrow I hope to atleast get the creatine and possibly some true whey protein. I'll have to browse around gyms though...

dtownkcufo 01-04-2011 05:31 AM

Good luck! You can do it, I have a friend doing the same thing. Except he's 509 and weighed 130. He's up to 150 now. But he does have the luxury of a personal trainer that has him eating all the time and lifting weights when he's not eating. I'm trying to lose it! I've dropped 60 since Febuary 10. I have about 80 more before I reach my goal. I was tipping and just over 355! I could see a heart attack coming soon if I didn't.

CajunDodge 01-04-2011 08:34 AM

Good luck Alex, sounds like a good regimen to start! Just one word of caution if I may.....if you have any history of kidney stones, might wanna watch your creatine intake. A guy I know had problems with that not long ago. Anyways, like I said, good luck and definitely keep us posted! :smileup:

- Cajun

iRESQu 01-04-2011 10:18 AM

Nice Alex! Best of luck with your goals and wrestling. We'll be watching!

RockyRam 01-04-2011 10:20 AM

Good luck Alex!

BlueJet 01-04-2011 10:28 AM

I have a friend who had the bypass done and this is what he uses to get his protein:

http://www.unjury.com/

Inexpensive and may be of some help to you. All the best on your endeavor....:)

98sst 01-04-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRESQu (Post 399759)
Nice Alex! Best of luck with your goals and wrestling. We'll be watching!

I'm actually not doing it this year due to work :smiledown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 399771)
I have a friend who had the bypass done and this is what he uses to get his protein:

http://www.unjury.com/

Inexpensive and may be of some help to you. All the best on your endeavor....:)

I'll look into it! Thanks!

98sst 01-04-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtownkcufo (Post 399646)
Good luck! You can do it, I have a friend doing the same thing. Except he's 509 and weighed 130. He's up to 150 now. But he does have the luxury of a personal trainer that has him eating all the time and lifting weights when he's not eating. I'm trying to lose it! I've dropped 60 since Febuary 10. I have about 80 more before I reach my goal. I was tipping and just over 355! I could see a heart attack coming soon if I didn't.

Good to hear about your friend's progress! Keep going with the weight loss man, that's impressive you've dropped that much! I figure in another year then you will have met your goal :smileup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 399678)
Good luck Alex, sounds like a good regimen to start! Just one word of caution if I may.....if you have any history of kidney stones, might wanna watch your creatine intake. A guy I know had problems with that not long ago. Anyways, like I said, good luck and definitely keep us posted! :smileup:

- Cajun

Thanks cajun. Thankfully I don't but that would be a scary ordeal, Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyRam (Post 399762)
Good luck Alex!

Thanks!

wermbang 01-04-2011 11:16 AM

Good luck Alex, pizza and Mcdonalds works great too for putting on the pounds ;)

My usual resolution is to loose weight, but this year I am going for toning. I am 5 7 195. I hide the weight well, even thought for the insurance companies goal my ideal weight should be 150-160, I would look unhealthy IMO, so I will maintain.

platinuminjected 01-04-2011 02:18 PM

good luck bud!!