DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Magnaflow 18" Part No. 12288 - Just Installed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70392)

ABD26 01-04-2011 11:16 PM

Magnaflow 18" Part No. 12288 - Just Installed

I had the Magnaflow 18" Part No. 12288 installed today. The muffler cost me approx. $100, and I paid $60 for the install. Very noticeable difference. The HEMI growls deeply. I would not go any louder. I saw some say here that there is no drone with this muffler. I don't think that is accurate. You can hear it from the cabin; however, it does not overpower you from the inside. I did drive around all day with the windows down so I could hear it when I pushed the truck.

My buddy has a F-150 Platinum. We park by each other. After lunch, he wanted to rev the two to hear the difference. He started his up first and revved it a few times. I started my engine and on the start it blew his stock away. I think he plans on the mod muffler now too.

I had it done at Apache Muffler in Mesa, Arizona. The mechanic, Pablo, even repaired a split I had along the weld of one of the tips at no charge. I am very pleased.

joey0480 01-05-2011 12:03 AM

Glad to hear you like it. Did you keep on the resonators and just replace the muffler?
I am having the magnaflow 14 inch done on Friday, along with the Y-pipe.

ABD26 01-05-2011 02:06 AM

I would not remove the resonators. I think the 14" will be plenty loud. If it's not loud enough, the resonators appear to be easy to remove.

916Timmy 01-05-2011 10:33 AM

Very nice! Try to put a video up so we can enjoy the sound with you! :)

FireWire 04-06-2011 04:42 PM

I see most here put on Magnaflows.
Anyone use Flowmaster?
I'm wondering which is better and why.

Jeff

jc4041 04-06-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireWire (Post 493753)
I see most here put on Magnaflows.
Anyone use Flowmaster?
I'm wondering which is better and why.

Jeff

a lot of us use Cherry Bomb too....Extreme myself :) dumped out in front of the rear tire...maybe a whole 2 feet of pipe coming off the muffler

mbehlok 04-06-2011 05:43 PM

I had the same muffler put in on mine. Bought the complete kit off Ebay that included the Muffler, Mandrel bent tubing and 2 chrome tips for under $240 shipped.

Took it to the muffler shop and had them put it on for me.

Took off the muffler and the back resonator, left the front one in. Sounds great, and absolutely no drone at all. Even when the MDS kicks on, its not annoying or loud.

Very happy with the way mine came out as well.

I like Magnaflow because of the Quality / Warranty and absolutely no crackling sound when i rev it up..