DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Heated Garage?.....CHECK!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70409)

Juice420 01-05-2011 05:15 AM

Heated Garage?.....CHECK!!!

7 Attachment(s)
Is this what warmth feels like??
I finally finished installing a furnace that I received for free in my garage!!!:smileup:

Dug a hole, ran a gas line, made the connections for the furnace and thermostat, hung some insulation on the walls, and hung some plastic on the ceiling.
The hardest part was definitely digging the hole for the gas line that I ran from the basement. The ground was frozen and it was like digging through cement lol. Good thing the hole was only about 9 feet long.
The project took me approx. a month to a month and a half. Reason being I work midnights, so it was hard to come home at 2:30 a.m. trying to be quiet for the neighbors, so most of the work was done on weekends. Plus I would have looked like a jackass cutting a hole in the roof of my garage for the exhaust pipe at 3:00 a.m.:LOL:

All in all I'm very pleased with the results. When I got home tonight I went out and turned the furnace on, came inside to change clothes, went back out and it was already about 60* in the garage. Furnace cycles on and off about every 15 - 20 minutes so I think it's set just right.

And the best part is I TOOK PICS!!!!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

chithead 01-05-2011 07:00 AM

Looking good man!!! Shore must be nice have all that heated space...

HVACeR 01-05-2011 07:15 AM

Thats a great job! As an HVAC guy, I approve. :LOL:

I'm glad to see you put the plastic tarp up on your ceiling, that will make a buge difference. If I could offer one small piece of advice, it would be to use regular ol' duct tape and tape every seam, corner, etc; to help with air infiltration.

Again, that's an awesome job!

dodgeman70592 01-05-2011 09:01 AM

I sure would love a heated garage.......Hell, I would be happy with just a garage, lol. Looks great Justin!

erm 01-05-2011 09:04 AM

That is always a BIG plus...heat in the garage!

Great work, Justin!

SnowChief 01-05-2011 09:16 AM

Good job.

A few years back, for pipe bursting reasons, I installed a "hot dog" gas heater in my garage (I have forced hot water pipes that run through the celing of the garage). Nice place to work in the cold. Trying to work on your truck outside in the winter makes the job impossible or at best, far more difficult.

RockyRam 01-05-2011 09:23 AM

That is awesome Juice!! Is that a Stanley garage door opener? Mine died this fall, I have some parts to it if you need any!

BlueJet 01-05-2011 09:31 AM

I am jealous, jealous, jealous!!!!!

Congrats to you though!!! :D

CdnoilRAM 01-05-2011 09:57 AM

I'm with Jared, I wish I had just a garage! Up here, a heated garage makes you a king, and I am seriously jealous :smileup:

wermbang 01-05-2011 10:24 AM

That looks great. I am hoping to get my garage cleaned out this spring (remodeling my kitchen so everything is in there). I had already started to put up insulation and paneling, reusing from the dining and living room remodels :)

Is that furnace a mobil home one? Looks sort of small