DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Quadzilla: Thoughts? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70565)

snowman44077 01-06-2011 08:26 PM

Quadzilla: Thoughts?

Hello folks,

I bought my CTD back in June of 2010. I'm a manager at Junction Dodge here in Ohio where it came in on trade. I snagged it off the trade in line pretty quick. It came with some goodies like a 5" exhaust, intake, etc.

Fast forward to today when I pull in our parking lot an another truck follows me. Turns out its the previous owner, who was checking out the taillights, flaps, and so on that I put on it.

He tells me he has a Quadzilla programmer he took off when he traded it because he wanted to sell it for a few bucks later on.

He says it's about $600 new, gains up to 140 horses using 3 settings on a key pad, doesn't have any sort of screen or gauges, and jumps the average mpgs to about 23-24.

Any idea what model that would be? Mine's a 2006. I looked at Quadzilla's site and didn't see one that fit the description.

Anywho, he offered it for $200. :smileup: He bought it new and it spent it's time till last June on my truck.

Think that's a good deal or worth it. He's an anal type of guy who does LOTS of research from the sounds and thought that the Quadzilla was the best for the increase of MPGs with a bit of on demand power.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Yes, I plan to get a 3 gauge Autometer A-Pilar to monitor it with.

Thanks for the help! Snowman

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-06-2011 09:46 PM

See if he'll put it on the truck for ya and let you drive it to see if it's what you want . If your happy with it , buy it .

RootBeer 01-06-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 (Post 403103)
See if he'll put it on the truck for ya and let you drive it to see if it's what you want . If your happy with it , buy it .

:iagree: Great idea.

snowman44077 01-07-2011 09:40 AM

That is a pretty good idea. I'll see if he'll do that for the weekend. Just collecting dust in a closet right now. :) Good call!

79ta 01-07-2011 10:03 AM

Thats a great price and you can always re-sell it for what you have in it if you decide you want to change/upgrade in the future. I haven't heard much about that brand as I have a smarty jr. Is the truck a one owner and why did the last guy trade it in? just curious

RamTech 01-07-2011 10:06 AM

Try before you buy is a great idea. Bear in mind it will void the warranty if Chrysler or Cummins finds out, but I'm sure you have enough pull to skate around that.

CdnoilRAM 01-07-2011 12:31 PM

I can't say I know much about the quadzilla, but I've heard it mentioned a few times. For that price, I'd be willing to try it though.

snowman44077 01-10-2011 12:37 PM

Well, I ended up getting it. It is the Quadzilla Xzillaraider. Up to 60hp/165tq on the high setting. Looks like I moved from 16.4mpg @ 80mph on level freeway to 19.8mpg. Not too much around town yet, but at 35-55 driving, looks like an average of 23mpg roughly. I'm running the 06 automatic, so I'm not getting to rough with it. Not to mention I don't have any gauges to monitor yet (dear Santa...). Thanks for the input guys!

BIGDROCH 01-13-2011 03:05 PM

I'm running the Bully Dog PMT with the "Crazy Larry" Tune. Tune produces up to an ADDITIONAL 230hp and 310ftlbs of torque. My truck with the crazy larry tune at the rear wheels produces 496hp and 903ftlbs of torque. It will run you about 950 bucks w/ the pillar/pod mount but it's a cool setup.

RootBeer 01-13-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowman44077 (Post 407107)
Well, I ended up getting it. It is the Quadzilla Xzillaraider. Up to 60hp/165tq on the high setting. Looks like I moved from 16.4mpg @ 80mph on level freeway to 19.8mpg. Not too much around town yet, but at 35-55 driving, looks like an average of 23mpg roughly. I'm running the 06 automatic, so I'm not getting to rough with it. Not to mention I don't have any gauges to monitor yet (dear Santa...). Thanks for the input guys!

I hadn't seen the update. Congrats on the 3+ mpg increase. That's a great return on investment. :rep: