DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Best wheel cleaner? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70593)

jcasey10 01-07-2011 01:36 AM

Best wheel cleaner?

Alright, so now that I have new wheels (and chrome at that), I wanted to know what's the best wheel cleaner? None of that stuff ever worked on my old wheels and it pissed me off to no end. But, I figure that the chrome would be easier to clean.

Also, has anyone used that Armor All Wheel protectant stuff? I guess it supposed to keep dirt and grime off the wheels, but I don't normally buy into that kinda stuff.

Chili1K 01-07-2011 01:41 AM

Lining it up for parades are ya?!?

You can clean it with polish or even some of that synthetic detail spray. Chrome is easy to take care of. Just a lot of time, Lots.

jcasey10 01-07-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chili1K (Post 403344)
Lining it up for parades are ya?!?

You can clean it with polish or even some of that synthetic detail spray. Chrome is easy to take care of. Just a lot of time, Lots.

Lol I gotta keep it lookin good! Gonna get her all waxed up tomorrow since we're not forecasted for snow anytime soon.

I figured you could do that. I use that turtle wax ice synthetic detailer on my truck and it says safe on chrome so I'll try that.

Chubby Bruiser 01-07-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcasey10 (Post 403347)
Lol I gotta keep it lookin good! Gonna get her all waxed up tomorrow since we're not forecasted for snow anytime soon.

I figured you could do that. I use that turtle wax ice synthetic detailer on my truck and it says safe on chrome so I'll try that.

I use the TW ice spray wax after every wash. It does a nice job. Just a note however, after I have gone over the whole truck I take the two Microfiber towels I used (one to put on and one to take off) and clean my wheels with them. They really pop.

jcasey10 01-07-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby Bruiser (Post 403935)
I use the TW ice spray wax after every wash. It does a nice job. Just a note however, after I have gone over the whole truck I take the two Microfiber towels I used (one to put on and one to take off) and clean my wheels with them. They really pop.

I use that stuff too! Thanks for the tip.

ScatPak07 01-07-2011 07:09 PM

I use the Chemical Guys line of products. I love their stuff and it all works. I think the wheel cleaner I have is called Diablo something by Chemical Guys. The stuff is wicked. You spray it on and then let it do its work and then spray it off.

jcasey10 01-07-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScatPak07 (Post 403958)
I use the Chemical Guys line of products. I love their stuff and it all works. I think the wheel cleaner I have is called Diablo something by Chemical Guys. The stuff is wicked. You spray it on and then let it do its work and then spray it off.

Sounds like a degreaser somewhat. Where do you pick that up?

wermbang 01-07-2011 10:53 PM

I use PPC products, the same aluminum polish I used for faded headlights

Bodydoc2002 01-07-2011 11:02 PM

I use the Mothers Chrome Polish...Put it on let it haze and comes off easy...

jcasey10 01-08-2011 12:31 PM

Thanks for the response guys. I'm thinking of some ideas.