DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Rust Repair (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Chrome bumpers rusting!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=71111)

Wayne Edmonton 01-11-2011 07:21 PM

Chrome bumpers rusting!!!

Brand new truck 4000km/2500miles The chrome bumpers front and back are rusting real bad. My 2007 ram had next too nothing for rust compared to my new truck. I just came back from the dealership and they have new replacement bumpers on order (good stuff). Requested paint match bumpers to replace these cause I 'm a little bit leery of this recurring again. They said it is up too Chrysler Canada, will see what comes off this! Just wondering if any one else has had a problem with excessive rust spots on the bumpers?

ArmyofOne 01-11-2011 07:43 PM

Yes, I have it. Its an unfortunate side effect of living in salt infested roads.

And no, the dealers will not do anything...at all.

nads 01-11-2011 07:49 PM

hey same problem here never had a chance to get to the dealer yet. i also found rust starting in between then cab and the box. every rivet or crimp (tiny little circle) on the box side RUST! not to happy to see a truck with 10000km 5months old rusting.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-11-2011 07:53 PM

Alot of people have complained about the rusty bumpers . Hopefully this will be a permanent fix . Keep us updated .

Wayne Edmonton 01-11-2011 08:22 PM

Your best bet is to get it to the dealer soon. I believe that your warranty requires you get it to the dealer at the onset of visible rust. My bumpers were really bad . They looked like a 10 year old bumper!!!!!

Wayne Edmonton 01-11-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nads (Post 408771)
hey same problem here never had a chance to get to the dealer yet. i also found rust starting in between then cab and the box. every rivet or crimp (tiny little circle) on the box side RUST! not to happy to see a truck with 10000km 5months old rusting.

You best get it to the dealer soon . The warranty requires you to take it in on the first visible signs of rust. Like I said my bumpers looked 10 years old on a brand new truck!!!!!

x96mnn 01-11-2011 08:29 PM

Can you post some pictures so we know what to look for?

Wayne Edmonton 01-11-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nads (Post 408771)

Quote:

Originally Posted by x96mnn (Post 408826)
Can you post some pictures so we know what to look for?

I would like to post pictures but Me , computers ,and cameras don't do to well.

nads 01-12-2011 09:31 PM

same here never figured out how to post pics but it did take the truck into the dealer and what they told me is buffing out the rust is just a part of the regular maintenance... sure you can get ride of the rust spots but its just going to keep coming back like it has. not sure what to think they sure wernt into helping me with the problem thats forsure.

Wayne Edmonton 01-12-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nads (Post 410043)
same here never figured out how to post pics but it did take the truck into the dealer and what they told me is buffing out the rust is just a part of the regular maintenance... sure you can get ride of the rust spots but its just going to keep coming back like it has. not sure what to think they sure wernt into helping me with the problem thats forsure.

I really don't know what to say other than try another dealership and get it on record you had the rust noted by them. Maybe check with a body shop as to the seriousness of it and as to what can be done other than trading it off before it gets too bad.