DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   differences between the ST and Laramie seats. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=71528)

yukonphil 01-15-2011 10:20 PM

differences between the ST and Laramie seats.

hello,

i just tried to seat into a Laramie 2011 with electrical seats.
i was able to adjust and everything is ok.

my little problem is that i ll buy a 2011 ST one and was wondering if the fittings for the seating will be the same ?
im 6'5" and not able to have a safe seating with 2011 F-150 nor GMC Sierra the only one seems to be the Ram but want to be sure that the normal seating will work for me.

im in YT Whitehorse and there is not a lot of choice to try and it will a custom order.

thanks for your help and hints.

KennyPowers 01-15-2011 10:25 PM

It should still be electric, but keep in mind it will be cloth instead of leather, and the driver side will be the only electric seat. You should be able to specify since you're ordering it.

yukonphil 01-15-2011 10:29 PM

thanks but where we re living im trying to avoid the most i can everything electrical ... do you think a non electrical seat will be good too .. or not at all and will be too high ?

KennyPowers 01-15-2011 10:38 PM

My mistake. I thought you wanted electric. :doh: Ya, you'll be fine! It just won't have as many adjustments, but electric is kinda overkill anyway. There's lots of room. Good luck, and be sure to post pictures when you get it!

yukonphil 01-15-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyPowers (Post 413646)
My mistake. I thought you wanted electric. :doh: Ya, you'll be fine! It just won't have as many adjustments, but electric is kinda overkill anyway. There's lots of room. Good luck, and be sure to post pictures when you get it!

thanks a lot. if i can fit as today with bunny boots and down parka that s all i need.

the surprise came on the good side for Dodge the inside is huge if you compare with competitors and the Ram was my first choice.

now let the long wait coming.

KennyPowers 01-15-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukonphil (Post 413649)
thanks a lot. if i can fit as today with bunny boots and down parka that s all i need.

the surprise came on the good side for Dodge the inside is huge if you compare with competitors and the Ram was my first choice.

now let the long wait coming.

I live 20 minutes from Chrysler HQ and the Warren plant! :LOL: The wait's worth it though!

erm 01-15-2011 10:50 PM

Welcome! How long do you have to wait???

yukonphil 01-15-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 413665)
Welcome! How long do you have to wait???

salesman told us 8 to 10 weeks. unless they found one in Edmonton Area.

2011Ram 01-15-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukonphil (Post 413668)
salesman told us 8 to 10 weeks. unless they found one in Edmonton Area.

They can probably find what you are looking for, my dealer was in Calgary although I live in Fort Saskatchewan NE of Edmonton. They scoured the province to find what I wanted. The irony is that it had to be driven to Calgary from Edmonton, from the dealer that had one with the equipment I wanted. It had a few extra kliks on it from the drive down there. Sure wouldn't want them to drive it to Whitehorse for you if they find one though, that would be quite a few more kilometers.

bucholj 01-16-2011 10:39 AM

I am 6’4” and have no problems with my new Ram. There were a couple times I thought about sliding the seat fwd a little because I am so use to every vehicle I get in being kind of cramp, but then I remember I don’t have to drive all cramped up anymore and can stretch out and actually enjoy the ride.
I have a Big Horn with the basic seats and as of now I am happy with them, but I have not been on any lengthy trips yet so I cannot give you a full report. Part of me feels I might miss the lumbar support and the plethora of position moves the electric seat offered in my last ride.
I also love all the head room and just plane space I have now.