DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   2010 Alpine System Upgrade (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72039)

beaker69 01-21-2011 01:13 AM

2010 Alpine System Upgrade

This may sound odd but I am looking for someone willing to sell me thier entire Alpine system who has since done a complete upgrade. I know it's not the best but it would be good enough for me. Currently the sound is way to dull with all highs and no bass at all. Sounds like AM radio especially on Satelite. Needs more of a surround effect. I failed to add the option in my truck when I purchased it and getting it form the dealer is not an option cause my truck is not harnesed for it and way too costly. For that matter, I am not even sure it's possible.

I would of course require all of the 9 speakers including the Headliners and Subwoofer. If you had done a complete upgrade and cropping the harnesses leading into and from the 2 amps is not a problem, please let me know.

iRESQu 01-21-2011 08:17 AM

Try "Chithead", I believe at one time he had the entire set for sale. If not, I might have mine for sale in just a couple of weeks.

chithead 01-21-2011 10:06 AM

I would definitely sell mine, but it is the 7 speaker setup from the Regular cab... :(

E.L.D. 44 01-21-2011 01:26 PM

I will also have mine for sale soon. I don't think you will have any problems finding a whole set...

dodgeman70592 01-21-2011 02:06 PM

You probably would be better off with the 7 speaker system because the headliner speakers and headliner grills are two separate pieces, and I am sure no one would want to leave holes in their headliner...

This option would give you the 4- 6" x 9" for the doors, and the 3- 3-1/2" for the dash

I do wonder though if the wiring harnesses are there anyway...

beaker69 01-23-2011 01:23 PM

Headliners

You are right about the Headliners being 2 seperate pieces but I was just going to buy the Grills for the 2 headliners and the Center from the dealer. As for the truck being Harnessed.... It is not... This is why I would require the harnesses leading into and out of the 2 amps. With a proper wirring diagram/map I can just extend the wires to thier proper destinations.

Seems simple enough. Probably not. Question remains???? Does the computer have to be flashed for it to work??? Is there any difference in the settings or onscreen display for an Alpine Vs. Non Alpine. I just have a EQ setting and Balance on mine now.

dirtrider29 01-23-2011 01:37 PM

I got mtx ts 55s 2 square 12s in a ported box with tma 1000 watt amp an alpine head unit and ground power rca and remote wires with it also
Idk if your intrested but i figured id let u know if u wanna see pictures let me know