DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Diablo Predator Questions & Info! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Has anyone tried the Diablo sport on the new VVT Hemi ?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72319)

Stuck2theAxles 01-24-2011 12:36 AM

Has anyone tried the Diablo sport on the new VVT Hemi ??

i have a 2010 5.7 hemi and really wanna ditch the MDS and get alittle edge on the local tundra's and i hate the way superchips flashpaq messes with trannys has anyone out there tried the diablo sport and had good results

Outlaw 01-24-2011 12:44 AM

I got one. it works real nice. get it. part number u7137

Stuck2theAxles 01-24-2011 12:47 AM

someone told me you cant even use it as soon as you get it you have to buy the pc interface and download the tune you want is this true or were you able to plug and play when you got it ?

Outlaw 01-24-2011 12:49 AM

downloading is if you have someone make you a custom tune. the dsp comes preloaded with tunes. just plug it in and go. much better tuner than superchips

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-24-2011 12:51 AM

I purchased a Predator for my SRT8 car . I also purchased the cable package . I haven't uploaded anything from their site yet . I plugged the tuner in right away and did the download from the tuner .

wickedpissahtruck 01-24-2011 08:45 AM

You will need the PC interface to download any updates off DSP's website. That was the case when I bought my DSP. It doesn't come preloaded with the latest updates which I was a little disappointed about. You should just have to take it out of the box and plug and go. If you look hard enough, a lot of vendors will throw in the pc interface for free. There are some excellent vendors on this site and would recommend you start your search there! Good luck!

BLKSVT 01-24-2011 10:20 AM

A new DS comes with the updates, when I ordered mine I was trying to do the update and spoke with DS, and he said dude your unit is new and already has the update.

FDBDW 01-24-2011 10:49 AM

It all depends on where you buy it, If you buy it somewere that its been on the shelf or in a wherehouse for a while then it might have been made prior to the updates being finished so they were never loaded, if you buy it somewhere that sells alot of them , chances are its a newer one that comes with all the new updates loaded on them. I bought might from speed logics and it came with all the new updates loaded

latitud 01-24-2011 10:53 AM

Sometimes, on some models, you have to update the ecu so it can communication with the programmer. On my 2008 Charger, I had to get the DCX update before I could load a tune. So my opinion is ALWAYS get the cable and power supply. And as stated above, updates come out regularly and without the cable, you have no way to get the latest updates.

My 2010 Ram did not require the DCX update, but I did have to update the programmer to the latest CROM.

MADDOG 01-24-2011 01:59 PM

You may need the update but that's no big deal. You plug it into your computer, log on to DS's website and update the tool. Takes 5 minutes max.