DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   wheel flares and mud guards (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72538)

flip16 01-25-2011 10:16 PM

wheel flares and mud guards

a couple months ago i installed oem mud guards front and rear on my truck, they look good and protect my paint and chrome running boards. two days ago i installed a 2" ready lift leveling kit so i could put my new 305 55 20 nitto grapplers on and everything is NICE!! now i want to put flares on the truck, i have not seen a truck with the mud guards and flares. did i waste cash on the mud guards or will they fit with the flares? and would that even look good? anybody know where i can get a nice set of flares?
thanks for any info. as soon as i can figure how to get pics up i will

RootBeer 01-25-2011 10:38 PM

Chances of the guards working with the flares are slim unless you do some modification.

If you're using OEM flares, they make guards for them. But with those tires, the OEM flares will look like crap and won't do any good for protecting your paint either.

Best setup for you would be Bushwhacker flares and flat basic guards because nobody makes guards that are designed for after-market flares. I've been looking. :D

flip16 01-25-2011 10:45 PM

yeah that's what i thought. i had the bushwhacker flares on my last truck. in the pic of your truck are they BW flares? im sure i can come up with something to reuse the oem mud guards

RootBeer 01-25-2011 10:49 PM

Yes, mine are Bushwhacker Extend-a-fender flares. I had them painted to match. Only thing I don't like about them is they don't go all the way to the bumper in the front.

But the ones that do, don't stick out to the side far enough to do me any good paint wise, so....

plumcrazy68 01-26-2011 03:03 PM

bushwacker make the pocket flairs too, look like cou out's w/o cutting

Phreak 01-29-2011 05:10 PM

Ya i,m having issues finding flares that wrap all the way to the front (ie sport bumper)
they all seam to stop near the head light and i,m thinking they will look stupid on a sport.
Anyone have a sport with flares they can toss up pictures

platinuminjected 01-29-2011 08:29 PM

iv seen flares on ebay that go all the way to the bumper so what i would do is just email the seller to confirm this

MrPEZO 01-30-2011 08:53 PM

I saw a Larmie (with flares) the other day and he had the Rams head moulded mud guards. Of course we were driving so I couldnt inpect them to see if there were modified.

RootBeer 01-30-2011 09:29 PM

Problem I had when looking for flares was finding some that extended far enough out the side and went the full length of the wheel well. I didn't like the look of the pocket flares, so I ended up biting the bullet and going with the Extend-a-fender flares.

Looks kind of dorky if you ask me, but at least my paint isn't getting chewed up by road debris.

E.L.D. 44 01-31-2011 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry it's not a better pic. I loaned my camera out to my mom so this is a cell phone pic.