DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Tires chopping (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72661)

CosmicVagabond 01-27-2011 04:20 AM

Tires chopping

I'm having an issue with 3 of 4 tires chopping at 26k miles on my '09 ram laramie and regular balancing and rotation of tires, as well as an alignment. I'm at a loss at who to approach, goodyear or the dealer?

RamTech 01-27-2011 09:42 AM

Let the dealer handle it. They can contact Goodyear if need be.

fuzzycali 01-27-2011 10:16 AM

if u have Goodyear Wrangler HP's,then join the club. they have terrible treadwear,mine do also.feathering is another one.

HEMI5150 02-01-2011 02:47 AM

Forget the auto dealer`s, they wont help, instead, go directly to an actual goodyear dealer.
I went to goodyear and they called chrysler, approved it over the phone, 4 brand new tires out the door at no charge to me.
Haven`t had a problem as of yet with the 4 new ones they put on... that was 14,000 miles ago. (all 4 replaced at 9,000 miles)
Goodyear told me that the manufactuer`s get better deals by buying 2nd rate tires. (OHHHH, them rotten basterds..!)
So they were saying to me, if you want better grade tires, get them directly from the goodyear dealers, not the auto dealership.
As for the "Goodyear HP" tires themselves, they really suck on wet roads and snow.
I would never buy any more of them to replace mine when they`re worn out.
Ther are MUCH better QUALITY tires out there than the "BadYear HP" tires, and for LESS money too...!

HEMI5150 02-01-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 425505)
Let the dealer handle it. They can contact Goodyear if need be.

So whats the policy where YOU work at randy...?
Most dealers here, will just send you to a Goodyear dealer.
The auto dealerships here wont make a dime off from the deal,
so they will just push you out the door for someone else to deal with your tire warranty problems

GTyankee 02-01-2011 04:00 AM

My dealership is pretty darn good at most things, but, when it comes to tires, i get the BS excuse, that the tires are cupping because they were not rotated as required, but, i tried to rotate as required & i had so much shake my arms got tired & i was about to go on a 6 week cross country trip, 7600 miles,
i had to re rotate the tires just to make the trip, when i returned home i had to tell the dealer to take off all the wheel weights & start from scratch, it fixed the shake problem, BUT, the rubber has cupped so much, there is no saving the cheap assed goodyears

BJAMIN 03-14-2011 04:50 AM

To be honest most circumstances where a tire has cupping is from improper inflation. The Goodyear tires on the trucks wear poorly no matter what and poor inflation makes it worse. Also note that the Goodyear HP's that come on most of them are just passenger tires and if you do any kind of off-roading or hit good pot holes they are likely to separate which would cause a bad vibrations if in the steering if on the front. Moral of the story is look forward to buying new tires for your truck. I can't wait till i run these out so i can change to a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers.

2011 cherry sport 04-15-2011 10:15 PM

I have worked on a different brand of trucks with goodyear tires on it. they are the worst tire when it comes to tire wear and cupping. makes all kind of noise and vibration even with rotation. go with michs. so much better.

HEMILANCER 04-16-2011 12:32 AM

If u go around turns at high speeds ie on/off ramps the goodyears feather on the outsides. they just arent made to hold the weight of these trucks.

GTyankee 04-16-2011 01:25 AM

I drive like a grandpa, the stock tires are just crap, mine cupped even though i did all the recommended rotatations

not only that, but, about every other rotation, the cheap assed wheels/tires need to have a road balance

i went through the shaking crap, finally had them strip every weight & start over