DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Daytona (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   stepbars (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72876)

grogsroom 01-29-2011 06:02 PM

stepbars

hi,i just bought my daytona, regular cab ,4x4, gomango, i love it ,i will post a picture of it this week, could anybody tell me if i can install round step bars as i find it high to get in and i;m scared to step on the side moulding , thanks , greg

platinuminjected 01-29-2011 07:16 PM

yes you should be able to install step bars i have them on my 09 single cab so i dont see why you couldnt put them on yours

grogsroom 01-29-2011 08:12 PM

okay thanks,i wasn;t sure if i could put them with the rocker moulding

erm 01-29-2011 08:59 PM

As you start shopping, Greg, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some idea of whether or not the ones you are looking at will fit a Daytona (because of those lower rocker panels) by asking the sales guys.

You will probably need to know how long the drop brackets will have to be to be able to clear those rockers. Standard step bars won't have enough bracket length I suspect.

I'd measure from the bottom of your frame to below the bottom of the rocker panels and record that dimension. Then get an idea of how much more you need to get your foot on the bar without kicking the panels, say another 3 - 4 inches. Then you have some info that will help you if you can get some drop bracket info.

You could buy a set you really like for style and appearance and have a set of brackets made that will clear your rocker panels.

grogsroom 01-29-2011 10:31 PM

excellent information,that will come in handy for getting the right ones, thanks again

SRT10.KrAv3 01-29-2011 10:46 PM

you may have the same issue a guy with an SRT10 had when we installed step bars on his truck. Daytona's have a similar molding I believe and we cut some of the molding (man I wanted to choke that guy) away to get them to work since they do not make step bars specifically for the SRT or Daytona trucks, just Ram single cab, quad cab, and mega cab flavors. I cried a little inside when he said cut it.

grogsroom 01-29-2011 11:15 PM

okay thanks for the heads up ,i,d hate to cut the molding ,i;ve wanted a daytona since i first seen one when they came out ,they finally hit my price range ,6 years old but i finally got one and i love it and its great to see a site like this where people help each other,mine is #07779 of i;m not sure how many they made,anyways i can;t quit looking at it so i gotta get back out to the garage,

grogsroom 02-11-2011 12:26 AM

stepbars

5 Attachment(s)
heres a few more pics of my truck ,i had to take the spoiler off to put in my 5th wheel ,its wrapped and stored in my shed, so far since i bought it i;ve put in a sunroof, sprayed in boxliner ,put on 5th wheel hitch ,put on chrome wheel wells,pinstriping,toolbox,and bedrails,now i just wanna put on chrome round stepbars and white letter tires and the hemi emblems,thats alright if you don;t like it and i;m open to any criticism ,myself i love it and its my all time favourite truck i;ve had, i;ve even noticed the dodge brotherhood out on the road,i like it, anyways i just wanted to ask if anybody has a picture of a truck like this with the stepbars ,thanks ,greg

RMBLEBee2392 02-11-2011 02:18 PM

Welcome to the Z.
Nice daytona!! Good to see another ontario member here. What area are you from?
Maybe swing by rumblebee.org, there is alot of bees and daytonas over there that may have already done this.

grogsroom 02-11-2011 04:00 PM

okay thanks , i love the rumble bees and daytonas ,i usually had chevs but when i seen these rumble bees and daytonas i knew what i was buying next i just had to wait for them to come down to my price,i live in kincardine on lake huron ,there is 2 other daytonas in town ,both gomango extended cabs,and 2 rumblebees that aren;t real rumblebees they just put the decals on them ,one light blue one and one black but they still look cool,i didn;t know the black one wasn;t a bee until the owner told me,that rumblebee decal is a classic ,one of the nicest decals i;ve ever seen,i would of liked to see the daytona decal with the daytona name outlined in white with the black to make it really stand out,my next purchase is chrome stepbars then i have to try to slow myself down on the national debt