DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   So what does everyone have planned for Valentine's Day? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73046)

TankGod78 01-31-2011 01:02 PM

So what does everyone have planned for Valentine's Day?

I am just trying to get an idea of what everyone is doing for possiably one of the worse holiday on this plant, for a guy that is! I try to be romantic but its pretty hard and very stressful sometime. I love my wife dearly but always wonder if im doing the right thing or not. I still wonder, to this day, why she is with me. I feel so lucky everyday of my life.

So, the reason why I am asking this question is because if its ok with everyone on this site, I would like the beg, borrow, and steal your idea. I just want the day to be perfect for my wife is all.

I am not looking for anything specific to do with her but just an awesome day with my wife. I live in the Kansas City, MO Metro area. So if you know of what I can do, PLEASE HELP!

She is not into jewlery at all.

wermbang 01-31-2011 01:22 PM

My wife is getting a tanning package and her hair highlighted. Her friend is getting married in a couple months so this is what she wants. I will probably also take her out for dinner. I usually send her flowers to work.

I also do not like the holiday, "commercial holiday" is the term I use.

HerRam 01-31-2011 01:23 PM

bring her to the Z and show her that post..OMG I have tears in my eyes! that is beautiful.
Being one who also is not super fond of this hallmark holiday, I just enujoy being with my significant other. I don't know what we will do this year, but 2 years ago he took me out for a nice dinner and we went to a movie. Something we don't normally do EVER. it was nice he gave me my pick of movie, wich also never happens. It was a really nice night.
But really to go out somewhere and sit and watch a sunset together, or just to take a little drive together somewhere or something that's what means the most.
I am not a materialistic girl, and gifts are nice, but it truely is the thought that counts. If you are not a card giver, maybe go to the local hallmark and pick up a really heartfelt card or even write her a letter telling her how much she means to you. Guaranteed THAT will melt her heart and she will really really appreciate that, I assure you.
Those are the types of things that mean the most to me...

916Timmy 01-31-2011 01:24 PM

I will be flying! SUCK! I'm stuck in Omaha for three weeks, while the lady is in Oklahoma City!

TankGod78 01-31-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerRam (Post 429274)
bring her to the Z and show her that post..OMG I have tears in my eyes! that is beautiful.
Being one who also is not super fond of this hallmark holiday, I just enujoy being with my significant other. I don't know what we will do this year, but 2 years ago he took me out for a nice dinner and we went to a movie. Something we don't normally do EVER. it was nice he gave me my pick of movie, wich also never happens. It was a really nice night.
But really to go out somewhere and sit and watch a sunset together, or just to take a little drive together somewhere or something that's what means the most.
I am not a materialistic girl, and gifts are nice, but it truely is the thought that counts. If you are not a card giver, maybe go to the local hallmark and pick up a really heartfelt card or even write her a letter telling her how much she means to you. Guaranteed THAT will melt her heart and she will really really appreciate that, I assure you.
Those are the types of things that mean the most to me...

Thanks for the help. I would truly do anything for her, within my power. I just dont always know what to do or how to do it.

TankGod78 01-31-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 916Timmy (Post 429275)
I will be flying! SUCK! I'm stuck in Omaha for three weeks, while the lady is in Oklahoma City!

Wow, that does SUCK. Sounds like its time for 1800flowers.com perhaps

HerRam 01-31-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankGod78 (Post 429283)
Thanks for the help. I would truly do anything for her, within my power. I just dont always know what to do or how to do it.

Depending on the girl what a guy needs to realize is that most of the time all we want is time with you...a sunset, a sunrise, a drive a chance to reconnect.
Some woman are materialistic, and that's fine they want jewellery or nice fancy things...but as for things that mean a lot to us are the things you put a little thought into...a letter, a card, something a little out of the ordinary. If you want to show your wife that you love her and you want to do something really nice for her? take her out and watch the sunset, sing her a song, we don't care that you can't sing its the fact that you mean the words you are singing.
Maybe I am a sentimental fool, and maybe I am a helpless romantic but every girl no matter how old wants to feel wanted, appreciated, and loved.
My grandparents have been married for like a hundred years LOL! They are both in their eighties, she can't hear and he can barely see, he still honks the horn at her and whistles at her when she walks by the front of their truck. He still tells her after ever dinner that it was delicious, he will say things to her like "people are staring wondering what is that old man doing with that pretty young lady' LOL they make me laugh but they are still so in love. I think it's sweet, and that is what EVERY woman wants.

916Timmy 01-31-2011 01:51 PM

We'll see, I think we'll have to put it off until I get back! I don't know about KC, MO but there has to be something there for ya! We went downtown and ate and walked around the river after...pick something simple that is for you two. Or try to re-create one of your first dates.....always a good thing!

chithead 01-31-2011 02:21 PM

Knock, knock, who's there, trick or treat, Sex.

wermbang 01-31-2011 02:40 PM

Nothing says I love you like a new set of rims and tires for the truck :)