DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Money, Money. Where to spend it? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73173)

bcjjones 02-01-2011 09:01 PM

Money, Money. Where to spend it?

Income tax coming in soon. Looking to spend a little of it on my 1996 dodge ram 1500, standard, 5.2. I'm for sure purchasing some headers to go along with my 50mm throttle body, 14x3 open air filter and cherry bomb exhaust, which is all that i have done to it. Was curious what y'all thought about these additional options and any input as to where to put my money first.

Found a brand new edelbrock performer rpm air-gap intake on craigslist for 200 bucks, but was wondering how it would compare to the m1. Because I know along with the m1 i would get the b&g m1 pcm flash but with the edelbrock i wouldnt know what pcm flash, if any, to get?

A mild cam, or some 1.7 harland sharp roller rockers?

Or should i just put the header on, get either the cam or the roller rockers, and just modify my kegger?

Pick one, any one, tell me what to get!!
Thanks ahead for any input!

erm 02-01-2011 09:22 PM

I like the idea of the headers, the M1 and the PCM together myself!

bcjjones 02-01-2011 10:43 PM

Okay but i forgot to mention if i do get the m1 intake with the headers, i wouldnt be able to afford the pcm flash for another month or two. So with that being said, would the m1 intake with the headers still out perform the headers with the roller rockers or cam?

Also with the engine being a 318 i can only get the single plane m1 intake correct, i couldnt go with the dual plane?

erm 02-01-2011 10:51 PM

You won't need the flash for the headers and intake (it won't run too badly) but you will definitely want it after you do the cam & rockers.

Guess you have to decide what comes first!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-01-2011 11:12 PM

Check out Hughes for their air gap intake . I've heard nothing but good about it but not sure of price . Also , go to the User Cp at the top of the page and complete your profile . Helps us see what you have when posting a question or comment .

bcjjones 02-01-2011 11:25 PM

Yea I understand that i wouldn't immediately need the flash, but just wasn't sure how well the intake would do without it. I guess I was just asking because i wanna know what would give me the most improvement right now between the choices. I appreciate the input though man it always helps to have another opinion! I love this forum, any question i have some has something to say about it, and i appreciate it alot!

Will tho blue ram! Are you an admin? Only asking because of your post

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-01-2011 11:53 PM

No I'm not a Administrator , just a super mod .