DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   V10 exhaust =p (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73271)

badazram 02-02-2011 06:58 PM

V10 exhaust =p

soo i know i should of posted this in the exhaust section, but...i wanted it to be found. I just wanted to knwo your guys' opinion on the best flowing cats that actually sound good. I have a flowmaster 40 series dual in/dual out muffler with 2.5 in pipes out the back. my one cat has a bad leak and i just thot id replace both of them to wake up this big girl. =p lemme know your thots on this!!! thanks =]

CdnoilRAM 02-02-2011 08:58 PM

I'd pick up the Magnaflow cats, they flow great but won't make a big difference on how loud the exhaust is.

erm 02-02-2011 09:12 PM

I agree with ^^^^ that.

yamifz1 02-02-2011 09:46 PM

love my magnaflows, have just the right rumble.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-02-2011 09:54 PM

I'd have to agree , Magnaflows are good pieces .

mitsocruiser 02-02-2011 09:56 PM

Just wondering why keep the cats at all i,ve always just cut them out keep in mind i live in florida no vehicle inspections

badazram 02-02-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsocruiser (Post 431929)
Just wondering why keep the cats at all i,ve always just cut them out keep in mind i live in florida no vehicle inspections

here in PA we have to have the cats in there, its just visual, soo whether the cats are punched or not doesnt make a difference. we do have emissions tests around, just not in my county lol =] which is good =] =p soo magnaflows, gotta look in to them =p thanks guys!

dawsonsigma 03-03-2011 09:27 PM

CatBacks

The magnaflows are good, but if you want the best get B&B. The B&B cost a lot more, but you get what you pay for.:smiley_thumbs_up:

SRT Dude 03-06-2011 03:39 PM

Magnaflows are ok have had a few problems with the mufflers in the past.... but their customer service is quite lacking at least with my dealing with them...have had better experiences with MBRP.....Belanger makes a great hi flow cat too...B&B are great but a but too spendy..looked at them all as I did A LOT of research and talked to owners of all 3..ended up going with Belanger and MBRP....very happy with the results

badazram 03-08-2011 10:40 AM

The Good ol air tubes

hey guys, so i was looking in to these cats and i can get them with air tubes and without....my truck has the airtubes....if i was to get cats without airtubes, what would happen? i have no clue what the air tubes are for =p i was half tempted to just plug them down by the cats and run cats without air tubes =p just asking for your opinions fellas! thanks in advance! Kev