DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   vibration (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73298)

frustrated Ram 02-02-2011 11:53 PM

vibration

I'm new to the Dodge family. I recently purchased a new Dodge Laramie Mega Cab diesel 4x4 with 410 gears in the rear end. I began to notice a vibration throughout the truck between 65 and 75 mph with only 3000k on the truck. It now has 6000K and the dealer hasn't been able to correct the problem. 1st checked tires, continued, 2nd replaced drive shaft, continued, their replaced rear housing, ring and pinion gear which showed some improvement, but still vibrates. The dealer says the have one other truck with a similar issue with the same set up as mine. This is my first Dodge truck since I left Ford behind for poor customer service. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake. Is anyone else experiencing this in their 2010 diesel truck and does anyone have a solution.

JwilsYellowRam 02-03-2011 01:39 AM

I'm not familiar with the new 4X4's but do they come with a front steering stablizer shock?

Outlaw 02-03-2011 02:22 AM

maybe tires out of balance??

wascobi 02-03-2011 02:35 AM

steering stab would only cover up a problem.

AKFossil 02-03-2011 04:05 AM

I read somewhere that the torq converter or something has break in tabs or something like that that don't always "release" and it causes vibration issues.

sottis 02-03-2011 10:15 AM

not to be picky but 6000k miles would be 6 million miles....you should have a little vibration by then.

RamTech 02-03-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKFossil (Post 432125)
I read somewhere that the torq converter or something has break in tabs or something like that that don't always "release" and it causes vibration issues.

The TCC clutch has to be broken in but there are no tabs that I ever heard of and while TCC shudder can be a problem, vibration froma converter isn't. We have a 1500 in the shop right now with a similar problem and we're looking into the ring and pinion carrier as a possibility.

As for a tire imbalance, I can about guarantee that was ruled out long before any hard parts were put in.

westxsrt10 02-03-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frustrated Ram (Post 432000)
I'm new to the Dodge family. I recently purchased a new Dodge Laramie Mega Cab diesel 4x4 with 410 gears in the rear end. I began to notice a vibration throughout the truck between 65 and 75 mph with only 3000k on the truck. It now has 6000K and the dealer hasn't been able to correct the problem. 1st checked tires, continued, 2nd replaced drive shaft, continued, their replaced rear housing, ring and pinion gear which showed some improvement, but still vibrates. The dealer says the have one other truck with a similar issue with the same set up as mine. This is my first Dodge truck since I left Ford behind for poor customer service. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake. Is anyone else experiencing this in their 2010 diesel truck and does anyone have a solution.

How did you rule out the tires/wheels? Did you have them Road Force Balanced?

AKFossil 02-03-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 432251)
The TCC clutch has to be broken in but there are no tabs that I ever heard of and while TCC shudder can be a problem, vibration froma converter isn't. We have a 1500 in the shop right now with a similar problem and we're looking into the ring and pinion carrier as a possibility.

As for a tire imbalance, I can about guarantee that was ruled out long before any hard parts were put in.

Must of merged a couple posts or what not together. Thanks for the clarification.

I hope you guys get it sorted out.

rammer52 02-03-2011 05:07 PM

I had a similar problem in a gmc. Solved vibration by balancing tires with a balancer using the lug nut holes (true center) not the center hub. Years ago we spun the tires on the vehicle and could get it dialed right in. That way the complete driveline was taken into play. Hope this helps.