DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   got my programmer today! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73474)

tinniste 079 02-05-2011 04:48 AM

got my programmer today!

I ordered a superchips flashpak an i love it havent really got to mess around with the settings much just installed the 87 program an tuned it for my tires
but the custom tuning on it whats everyone running their settings at?

sk8noregon 02-05-2011 06:16 AM

Congrats on the mod ! I don't have a tuner at the moment but like hearing peoples reviews on them so thanks.

snrusnak 02-05-2011 08:13 AM

I just got a flahpaq last week as well, best money you can spend by far. I filled the tank up with 93 and did the performance 93 quick tune(took about 15 minutes) and man what a difference. Seems like I'm getting better gas mileage also, around 16.5-17 all stop and go max speed about 45mph(and sitting still with the tires spinning lol). The superchips is awsome, and the tech support and sales guys are extremely helpful, the guy I talked to said the 2010 4.7L will gain 50HP and 55LBFT (max gain). Where else can you get that for $360 shipped....
I retuned it with the advanced settings yesterday, but basically it is what the quick tune settings are, I'd love to learn how to mess with the transmission shift schedule, one day...

CajunDodge 02-05-2011 09:09 AM

Congrats on your mod man, definitely want to hear how you like it, especially after you've had time to play with the different settings!

- Cajun

dankent 02-08-2011 10:52 AM

cool, sounds pretty good for gains ..... best 350 bucks for sure.

foolioGrimz 02-08-2011 11:27 AM

ya i got one too. doesnt do as much for my truck with a 3.9 and a standard but im running the performance setting. I left speed limiter where its at and raised the rpm limiter a little. they claim 17 hp 28ft lb gain for mine which isnt a whole lot really buts thats still about 10percent hp gain for my motor. The guys that really gain from this are the diesels. Im about to reflash for towing mode and hook up my trailer. I'll see if it does any good with it. Im hauling a 16ft tandem

snrusnak 02-08-2011 01:16 PM

But still, where else can you get (actual) 28 ft lb for 350 bucks? An intake and exhaust will run you 500 and you might get that. Is it a noticeable difference on the v6?

To the original poster.....I raised my speed limiter to 120 (really for no reason other than because I could), and raised the rev limiter and shift points a few hundred rpms, that made a bit of a difference. Although, I'm not sure how high this engine can spin...

moparmanicac 02-08-2011 05:48 PM

Woulda been best 350 I ever spent on my truck but I bought it used two years ago when I had a 4.7 Kota lol

05atlanticblue 02-08-2011 07:57 PM

i've had mine since june, i love it. i ran the 91 tune for a while enjoying the nid and high range gains. for the past two weeks i have been running the towing tune and noticed a little more bottom end. i have a manual transmission so the tranny shift points doesn't apply to my truck.

the cool feature is the data logging - you can pick which parameters you want to see and watch it real time (water temp, intake temp, throttle position, etc...)

foolioGrimz 02-08-2011 10:11 PM

towing tune is great! :)