DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   need help on how to get sum power (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73584)

sledpuller2006 02-06-2011 10:07 AM

need help on how to get sum power

ok guys i hope im putting this mthread in the right spot.??? Ok we have a 92 dodge 1/2 ton shortbed, it was bought new in 92 to push snow. this said its not junk, it has a 127 tho on it a 4 inch lift all spring a track bar a little suspention work. it does have a large 8 foot Blizzard plow on it. it really seems to have lost all power (no codes) no burning of any oil. its been tuned out on a regular basis. we r really thinking of doing a 5.9 swap. not sure if its worth it not real saqvy on these gas motors. we really have the cummins dialed in and figured iut but this we could really use sum help. is has full dual exhaust, open K&N intake.o we have been thro about 5 47RHs in this thing.i was told i can put a 5.9 ECM in ot is that true? is it worth doing this motor swap i will i just need sum power. please help and wourd really love sum honest input on this.. ty so much

Dennyboy 02-06-2011 10:58 PM

SCT tune is the way to go. it'll be a whole new beasty.

sledpuller2006 02-07-2011 05:58 PM

SCT it is 92 OBD 1 anything else

polish pete 02-07-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennyboy (Post 435826)
SCT tune is the way to go. it'll be a whole new beasty.

that doesnt really help his problem, nor will the sct work on his truck its obd1.

now doing a full tune up including plugs wires all new fluids pcv valve check all your vacuum lines, and make sure you got good clean gas. thats a start if you still feel down on power then do a compression test.

sledpuller2006 02-07-2011 10:19 PM

thank u all that is done ALL the motor itself runs fine i just need more HPs and sum torque honestly have too big of plow on it ... we have robbed qiut a bit of power cause we had to weld the clutch fan solid to keep it cool. i just am not savy on these OBD1 gas motors we r trully diesel guys.. dad bought this truck brand new to push snow. really thats all it does. but this is really driving me crazy this power issue im having.i was told that a 360 ECM would wake this little motor up or if any real performance modes were available>

sledpuller2006 02-11-2011 06:46 PM

r we really sure out of all these people on here i cant get any info on this issue??? or am i posting on the wrong thread for this issue?

sledpuller2006 02-11-2011 06:47 PM

Are we really sure i cant get any help out of all the people on this site?? or have i posted this issue on the wrong thread????

984wdram 02-18-2011 03:15 AM

first, start hacking on that tb. get some more air flow in there. put in a mild cam, headers, intake, re-gear it, all that good stuff and youll power through it. but with the cam you'd have to get a custom tune on the computer.

sledpuller2006 02-19-2011 07:10 PM

what and where can i get this custom tune i have no issue putting the money into the truck, been reading on this tb mod and will do it this week also ordered headers ironically thursday...am very interested in this custom tune tho

984wdram 02-20-2011 09:46 PM

i forget the name of the company that does it, but you tell them all of your motor specs on what you have and what you would like extra on it like air, fuel, timing, etc. theyll program the computer for you and send it to you. itll be anywhere between 3 and 400 bucks to get it done.