DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Esp bas (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=73865)

saunders1986 02-09-2011 01:27 AM

Esp bas

tonight we have been dumped on alot of snow, to the pont that i got stuck in 4x4, tried 4lo but just spun, didnt go anywhere... after i shoveled my way out, and turned 4lo off, i have a error message esp bas on the evic, ive tried turning the truck on and off many times, taken it out of 4x4 and put it in 4x4 many times light still remains..... the traction control light is also on.... even though traction control still works like normal, my brakes dont feel the same... but they still work... i cant go to a dealer, because my local one refuses to help me because i didnt buy my truck there (long story dont ask) the nearest dealer that will help is 3 and a half hours away. any idea what would cause this? maybe to much snow somehow got jammed up under it???

RamTech 02-09-2011 08:35 AM

First of all, the dealer can NOT refuse to work on your truck because you didn't buy it from them. Period. Call Chrysler customer service and tell them what's going on and that the closest dealer refuses to work on your truck. Without knowing what codes are stored int the ABS module, I won't speculate what the problem might be.

saunders1986 02-09-2011 08:52 AM

ive tried calling Chrysler many times, they say theres nothing they can do to make them service my truck.... please speculate!!!

RamTech 02-09-2011 09:00 AM

If it's a warranty related problem, I don't see how they can refuse. I'd call Chrysler customer service back and ask them if they will pay the tow bill to get your truck to the nearest dealer that WILL work on it if it's determined this is a warranty repair.

saunders1986 02-09-2011 09:16 AM

it better be a warranty fix! i cant see why it wouldnt be.

RamTech 02-09-2011 09:38 AM

If there were damage to wiring to a speed sensor or something like that, the repair wouldn't be covered. I just spoke with one of my service advisors and he tells me the only time he ever refused to perform any warranty work for a customer is when they're being belligerant and making unreasonable demands. It doesn't make sense to me why a dealer would refuse work in these slow economic times.

saunders1986 02-09-2011 11:57 AM

update! the light went off, and everything went back to normal after driving on the highway for a bit.... must of been a build up of snow... as i could hear it thumping off the bottom of my truck as it fell off on the highway.

erm 02-09-2011 12:00 PM

Great to hear the problem went away but I would definitely get to work on that dealer issue. RamTech is right....no reason for them to not work on your truck.

saunders1986 02-09-2011 12:20 PM

this has been an on going problem ever since i purchased my truck... theres a topic about it in the warranty section.... the dealer is butt hurt that i didnt purchase from them, even though their sales man told me to buy the truck elsewhere because he "didnt have anything for me" ...

mrroader14 02-09-2011 09:35 PM

saunders, i can understand your problem, if a dealer refuses to work on your truck, would you really wanna force them too? would you feel confident that they would ever do their best for ya? its a shame the next closest is 3.5 hours away, sounds like they are confident that they get enough work being the only one local. Once i get past sales and the finance people, service departments are usually much easier to get along with( i have found anyway) glad to hear your problem went away