DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Leveling the 2500 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=74022)

Briansal 02-10-2011 05:49 PM

Leveling the 2500

Has anyone leveled a 2010/11 2500 with the solid front axle? Do you still need an alignment since there are no a arms or drive shafts changing angles? Are there any other things to be concerned about?

jeepinoutwest 02-10-2011 08:28 PM

I did my 2011 2500 last sunday. HBS told me I need to get the truck aligned, which I will do after new tires, which will hopefully be this weekend. I can check back with you to tell you just how much out of align my truck was. No pics yet either, waiting for tires.

Stangshcky12 02-10-2011 10:25 PM

Pretty common mod. I highly recomend Hell Bent Steel leveling kits. Great quality great price.

You dont "have" to get the truck aligned. A buddy of mine installed his and hasnt touched the front end since. I got an alignment after I put one on just cause the truck pulled to the left a little bit. They say you dont get the full 2" or 2.5" till you do get it aligned, wish I would have measured :/
I would see how the truck feels to you and then go from there.

jeepinoutwest 02-10-2011 10:33 PM

I bought the 2" kit, and I got a full 2" in lift. The truck steers perfectly straight, but since im spending over $1000 on 4 tires I think I'll get the truck aligned to ensure they last as long as possible.

buckchaser91 02-10-2011 11:45 PM

what size tires are you going with?

ScatPak07 02-11-2011 12:06 AM

Ya you guys should be gettign alignments done. The truck could drive straight but things can be off. I guess they are your trucks you can do what you please..good luck with everything!

Briansal 02-11-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangshcky12 (Post 439922)
Pretty common mod. I highly recomend Hell Bent Steel leveling kits. Great quality great price.

You dont "have" to get the truck aligned. A buddy of mine installed his and hasnt touched the front end since. I got an alignment after I put one on just cause the truck pulled to the left a little bit. They say you dont get the full 2" or 2.5" till you do get it aligned, wish I would have measured :/
I would see how the truck feels to you and then go from there.

Is there a need for the maxxlink anti sway bar end links
http://www.hellbentsteel.com/dodge-r...maxxlinks.html

jeepinoutwest 02-11-2011 08:17 AM

I am going with 35s" if they will fit with my 2" lift AND my plow set up so I will have to have tires fitted with the plow on. If not I will be going with 295s.

Second, as far as Maxi-links. I called Julie from HBS, here's the deal. They are the exact same size as the OEMs, just beefier. They are more meant as a replacement for worn out links. Since my truck is new I didn't install maxilinks as my OEM links are brand new as well, but did install a sway bar drop kit which I posted pics of on a very recent thread in this section.

Big Ed 02-16-2011 06:24 PM

I was thinking of swapping Power Wagon Front springs into my 2010 Laramie 2500. These springs should level the front end and will actually have the performance attributes of the PW spring rates.

Big Ed 03-07-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ed (Post 445903)
I was thinking of swapping Power Wagon Front springs into my 2010 Laramie 2500. These springs should level the front end and will actually have the performance attributes of the PW spring rates.

Well I decided to go a different route. Rather than installing PW springs I ordered a level kit from Carli. It includes new springs, longer end links, new shocks, and I ordered an adjustable track bar from them. Carli is pricey but from what I've read they are real good. I also ordered up some 295/70R17 Hankook Dynapro ATM's to mount on my factory rims. I throw some before and after pice when I do the install.