DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Water leak please help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=74090)

adventurer 02-11-2011 12:08 PM

Water leak please help

i have bought my 2006 hemi quad cab slt ram one month ago and till now am busy in this water leak issue from rear window and third break light and rear vents , i read all the threads about water leak and done everything like re sealing rear window and sealing the third break light and checking the rear vents and with all that the water still leaks ???? dont know how and from where , i didnt enjoy my new truck till now because am trying to fix this problem , am fed up with this and i like the truck i dont want to sell it , any ideas what to do ???
thanks in advance ,,,

bamasport 02-11-2011 12:21 PM

Have you checked the door seals? if you have checked all the rest, such as rear windows, 3rd brake light and rear vents, there isnt many other possibilites other than rear door seals and rear door window seals. what did you use to reseal the others?

adventurer 02-11-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamasport (Post 440367)
Have you checked the door seals? if you have checked all the rest, such as rear windows, 3rd brake light and rear vents, there isnt many other possibilites other than rear door seals and rear door window seals. what did you use to reseal the others?

Door seals are ok no leak , i used black silicon for sealing but still little bit of leaking from rear window (i re sealed it 2 times ) and some leak from the slide window but i dont know from where is the big leak

bamasport 02-11-2011 12:32 PM

hmmmm, i'm not sure then. i would say remove all the seals around the rear windows and sliding windows and strip all silicone off gasket and reseal once more and give it the allotted amount of time to dry.

adventurer 02-11-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamasport (Post 440381)
hmmmm, i'm not sure then. i would say remove all the seals around the rear windows and sliding windows and strip all silicone off gasket and reseal once more and give it the allotted amount of time to dry.

thats what i ll do next week , it really gave me headache , thanks and i will inform you the result later

bamasport 02-11-2011 12:38 PM

hope it works out for you! and keep us informed. there may be others who have some more input here also, so keep your eye on the forumz.

adventurer 02-11-2011 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=bamasport;440386]hope it works out for you! and keep us informed. there may be others who have some more input here also, so keep your eye on the forumz.[/QUOT
Thanks , i will do that

uktitus 02-11-2011 01:38 PM

May I suggest that you remove the seals one at a time and reseal starting with the highest one I know this is time consuming but you need to eliminate each possibility individually. Also we might have a better Idea of what is happening if you say what is actually is wet and where. As a builder I can say that blind caulking and caulking every thing can cause it's own problems which become harder to solve.

adventurer 02-11-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uktitus (Post 440430)
May I suggest that you remove the seals one at a time and reseal starting with the highest one I know this is time consuming but you need to eliminate each possibility individually. Also we might have a better Idea of what is happening if you say what is actually is wet and where. As a builder I can say that blind caulking and caulking every thing can cause it's own problems which become harder to solve.

the most wet things is behind the drivers side rear seat , and it leaks also from the upper right side of the rear window ( behind rear passenger ) and from the middle upper side of the rear window and also there is water in the rail of the slide window

uktitus 02-11-2011 03:55 PM

Have you tried sealing and covering the back window completely with plastic and duct tape,
just make sure that the plastic and tape are tight and when it rains look to see if water has got behind the cover. All you can do is try to isolate each external likely problem point individually.