DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Speed Limiter and MDS (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=74129)

BighornRam 02-11-2011 09:37 PM

Speed Limiter and MDS

Hey, I got some good news the other day and it got me thinking. The wife and are going to be transfered to Germany. We have been trying to get the army to send us for a couple of years now. My question is besides buying a tuner how can I change the speed limiter and deactivate the MDS on my ram?

RootBeer 02-11-2011 09:41 PM

MDS is turned off by just putting the shifter in manual mode. The 5 should be showing instead anything else.

Not sure about the speed limiter.

As for taking the Ram to Germany, I'd rethink that idea. Price of gas over there is likely to be 2 to 3 times what it is here. Just food for though.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-11-2011 09:46 PM

You can leave the Ram with me . I'll take good care of it .

JRI 02-12-2011 01:00 AM

RootBeer called it! Gallon of gas in Germany is $7.41 if the source I looked at is accurate.

dubstar 02-12-2011 01:17 AM

cant us service men still buy gas on base at us prices ?

i'm sure they do in the UK

BighornRam 02-12-2011 01:20 AM

Well I don't think that I could bear to part with the truck. I thought that I was in love with my 2008 wrangler until I took it to the dealer for warranty work and the said they couldn't reproduce it popping out of first gear. I left the service side of the dealership and drove the ram and was hooked. I didn't even make it back to work until I unloaded the jeep with the dealer.

Gas wont be too much of an issue. We can get gas at average state side prices up to 400 liters per month. Right now according to AAFES it is $3.35/Gal. Not great but better than roughly $5.60/Gal on the economy.

Momud 02-12-2011 05:52 AM

MDS can be turned off by a Predator Diablo Sport programmer..and the speed limiter can be raised to like 170 or something we never see, using the same programer.

Excoastie 02-12-2011 08:38 AM

As a kid I spent almost a total of 13 yrs in Germany. We returned to the States in 1989 for the last time. The way that it used to work with gas, was that you'd buy ration coupons for gas from the PX/BX that would allow you to purchase gas by the Liter from selected gas stations "on the economy" or via the on base gas stations.

The prices of the coupons were considerably less than they would be if you were paying cash "on the economy" as you were not required to pay the local taxes and such. That being said, I'm not sure what the going rate is, but it's less than the locals pay.

I would return tomorrow if I had the chance.

Exco

dodgerammer09 02-12-2011 09:07 AM

Indeed, with a diablo predator you can turn off the mds & the speed limit.
I did it 2, so now i can give full power ;o

BighornRam 02-12-2011 10:41 AM

Excoastie,
You are correct about the ration card. It was the coupons in the early 90 when I was there. In 2008 they changed to a prepaid gas card now, that you use like a credit card. You can get gas at the "states side" price at the px/bx and at Esso stations on the economy.

I understand that the changes that I want to do can be done with at DSP. I guess I am being cheap.