DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum CANADA (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   HID Help with DRL Problems (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=74269)

MountainMax 02-13-2011 01:22 PM

HID Help with DRL Problems

I have installed many HID kits (well over 100) now but my buddy wants one on his 08 dodge ram and im worried the DRL's will cause a problem, I have disabled many by blocking the headlight sensor causing the lights to come on full bright in the day, but i was told these dodges dont' have that. How can I get this to work? i have searched here already and read one person makes a kit just for the dodges to allow the drls' to work, what kit is it? how do they make them work? what is involved, please help.....Thanks in advance. Rob

platinuminjected 02-13-2011 03:14 PM

i dont have a problem with mine in my 09 but the kit that i bought came with a pre wired compasator and they have worked good everysince i put them in and my drl;s still work in the daytime

ScatPak07 02-18-2011 09:47 PM

There is only one kit that will work with the DRLs THAT USE HID BEAM. The kit is made by Retro Solutions .I had been searching for a kit that will work for a long time and I found it finally. It is made specifically for the Ram so it works. I have not seen a kit like this one before in my life, it is really good. Definitely look at that one if you want something that will work. They also have a lifetime warranty on them which is great. The price is pretty up there but it is definitely worth it!

Whiplash 02-23-2011 08:39 PM

couldn't you just use a relay setup?
dunno if it's similar in function but i remember on my stang the voltage was cut for dlr (high/low bulb) so the oem source was used as the actuator and then 12v from the battery as the true source....ya they ran all the time but with the lifespan of hid who cares??

oh, the e-brake was the ground if that matters
had no highbeam cuz of dual element bulb

just throwin' it out there..
if like on the imports the high is poweroutage cut for drl just leave 'em as is and toss the hid power where it's needed at the lowbeams

Murdered out 02-26-2011 02:45 PM

I just did two this week one on a 2005 and a 2006
All the kits work just have to make sure its a can-bus system and i wired in some resistors for the lamp out problems
Mike

RT TT 03-03-2011 01:54 AM

i sell hids reg and you can have the dealer shut this option off if you ask nicely and dont repeat it to many times..... have the dealer set country code to us then drl off country code back to canada had to do this on my 08 as well nvr had a lamp out issue tho but maybe the 55watt ballasts cancel that out with the higher current draw

Rider02 03-30-2011 09:30 PM

I installed the can bus system from HID Country in my ram over christmas and they worked great... until now. For a while the lights would stay on when the truck shut off in park... on all night... I have no lights now, no flickering, no low beams, no high beams. Fuse is good, not sure if the ballasts packed it in. No help from the manufacturer, will not reply emails, so much for lifetime warranty I paid over $200 for...

Murdered out 03-30-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider02 (Post 487642)
I installed the can bus system from HID Country in my ram over christmas and they worked great... until now. For a while the lights would stay on when the truck shut off in park... on all night... I have no lights now, no flickering, no low beams, no high beams. Fuse is good, not sure if the ballasts packed it in. No help from the manufacturer, will not reply emails, so much for lifetime warranty I paid over $200 for...

I wish you were closer I would take a look
So are you getting power and ground from the headlights unplugged the hid and check you have a few different fuses
let us know
Mike