DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum CANADA (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2011 brake controller??? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=74463)

steve2101 02-15-2011 05:05 PM

2011 brake controller???
 
My truck didnt come with a brake controller so i went to order a factory dodge one but my dealer told me they aren't available for the 2011's unless they are already in truck. Just wondering if the 2010 model will work in the 2011 truck???

purodude 02-19-2011 12:02 AM

I to have a 2011 ram and wanted to get the integrated brake controller. and the dealer told me the same bs story. so I bought one on line www.pollardmoparparts.com part#5602943AG for the controller and 1EB13XDVAA for the black/dark gray bezel. total cost $180 with shipping UPS extortion fees included.

GTyankee 02-19-2011 12:16 AM

from what i read, if you buy the 2011 controller, it is plug & play, the dealer either doesn't have the knowledge or the authority to flash it into your Ram, if it didn't come with it

one of the Dodge Parts guys is or was going to figure out some way to get it into his Ram, he did say that it does work, but, he wants to make the electronic system work along with it, i believe

pjs1660 02-19-2011 10:29 AM

i got the control and the bezel with shipping from mopar-wholesale.com for $115 install was easy going to try and get it flashed next time i go to dealers

purodude 02-19-2011 02:33 PM

The $180 includes shipping and brokerage, taxes to Canada. The dealer here was asking $200 + taxes so more like $224 so the $180 made sence to me.

Nufy 03-13-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purodude (Post 448111)
I to have a 2011 ram and wanted to get the integrated brake controller. and the dealer told me the same bs story. so I bought one on line www.pollardmoparparts.com part#5602943AG for the controller and 1EB13XDVAA for the black/dark gray bezel. total cost $180 with shipping UPS extortion fees included.

I couldn't find those part numbers on their website.

can you confirm them for me.

I would like to get the same setup for my 2011 Ram.

Thanks.

Whiplash 03-13-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2101 (Post 444667)
My truck didnt come with a brake controller so i went to order a factory dodge one but my dealer told me they aren't available for the 2011's unless they are already in truck. Just wondering if the 2010 model will work in the 2011 truck???

ya, off topic, i know

I was in Delhi just this past Monday :wavey:

purodude 03-14-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nufy (Post 470666)
I couldn't find those part numbers on their website.

can you confirm them for me.

I would like to get the same setup for my 2011 Ram.

Thanks.

Item DetailPart#QtyPriceTotalMODULE-TRAILER TOW
Make: Dodge
56029431AG
1$113.60 $113.60 BEZEL-TRAILER BRAKE CONTR
Make: Dodge
1EB13XDVAA
1$7.56 $7.56
this is cut and paste from my invoice from them.

Nufy 03-15-2011 04:58 PM

Thank you.

Is it necessary to get the computer flash ??

purodude 03-15-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nufy (Post 472688)
Thank you.

Is it necessary to get the computer flash ??

I didn't. From what I understand it's fully functional with out the flash but it won't show up on your dash.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger