DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   South West (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Ram Forumz Houston Chptr Hermann Park Meet (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75219)

killerbee 02-23-2011 01:51 PM

Ram Forumz Houston Chptr Hermann Park Meet

This is the official thread for the Houston Chapter Hermann Park meet for Sunday Febuary 27th, 2011 @ 2:00pm. The meet will bee held at the Houston Zoo's Parking Lot; 6200 Hermann Park Drive Houston, Tx. 77030. Beelow is the official list of participation based on the discussion thread. If there are any changes/additions to bee made, post it and bee sure to edit the list accordingly.

The list is as follows:

1. bigedschukar
2. Airborn3
3. Dave07RamHemi
4. letorres
5. Kutect
6. RamRulesChevydrools
7. JwilsYellowRam
8. str8hemi (Maybee)
9. BlackVelvet (Maybee)
10. Killerbee

killerbee 02-23-2011 02:24 PM

After thinking about this further, the time we agreed on may bee too late. Here's why. The Houston Zoo opens at 9:00am. Giving the nice weather and perfect tempratures, there could bee thousands of people out there. So far we have a nice size group and parking I'm sure will bee limited to the point where we won't bee able to park together. I called the park administration and left a message with a Mrs. Castillo to see if we would bee able to drive up and park (in the grass) in one of the park areas bordering the Zoo. I'm waiting on a call back. If this would bee ok, we would bee under some good cooling shade. The Zoo was only choosen beecause they have the most free parking in one area. Other areas are free but the parking is scattered and there are plenty of parking spots but its either private parking or charged parking. Input is needed. What do you guys think?

Airborn3 02-24-2011 07:22 AM

Works for me Bee.

Barnyard 02-24-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerbee (Post 452322)
After thinking about this further, the time we agreed on may bee too late. Here's why. The Houston Zoo opens at 9:00am. Giving the nice weather and perfect tempratures, there could bee thousands of people out there. So far we have a nice size group and parking I'm sure will bee limited to the point where we won't bee able to park together. I called the park administration and left a message with a Mrs. Castillo to see if we would bee able to drive up and park (in the grass) in one of the park areas bordering the Zoo. I'm waiting on a call back. If this would bee ok, we would bee under some good cooling shade. The Zoo was only choosen beecause they have the most free parking in one area. Other areas are free but the parking is scattered and there are plenty of parking spots but its either private parking or charged parking. Input is needed. What do you guys think?

Good back-up plan. Thanks for doing the leg work Bee.

Barnyard 02-24-2011 08:22 AM

We've got a soccer qualifier up off north 249 starting @ 4PM (have to be there by 3:15PM) so I don't think we'll be able to make this one guys. Sorry. It sounds like a blast though. Take lots of pictures!

killerbee 02-24-2011 06:38 PM

Ok. I got a call back from Katy with Houston Parks and Recreation and she stated vehicles are not permitted on the grass. We would have to park in a parking lot. Otherwise run the risk of beeing ticketed by HPD or the Park Rangers. So, should we re-think this or stick to the original plan and keep our fingers crossed. If we stick to the original plan we'll need to have a back-up plan in place that we'll bee able to go to right then and there. Suggestions anyone?

killerbee 02-24-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnyard (Post 453121)
We've got a soccer qualifier up off north 249 starting @ 4PM (have to be there by 3:15PM) so I don't think we'll be able to make this one guys. Sorry. It sounds like a blast though. Take lots of pictures!

I understand Barnyard. I think we have soccer coming up for my 10yo in the spring.

JTHennessey 02-24-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerbee (Post 453471)
I understand Barnyard. I think we have soccer coming up for my 10yo in the spring.

Don't think I will be able to make it with the truck... In the middle of dyno tuning it right now and that will be done tonight.

Airborn3 02-26-2011 07:52 AM

Also keep in mind that Mardi Gras has started in Galveston and the Rodeo has started so the zoo may not be overly crowded.

Dave07RamHemi 02-26-2011 08:45 AM

Just orderd my Halo headlights unfortunately wont have them by this weekend