DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Anyone change dash/door speakers yet? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75270)

quadbob 02-23-2011 10:16 PM

Anyone change dash/door speakers yet?

I am getting ready to order upgraded speakers for my 2010 Crew Cab.
Just wanted to see if there are any "Suprises" that I should be aware of when removing the old & installing the new speakers.

According to Crutchfield all of the 10 Ram speakers are 6 1/2". Is this correct?

Thanks.................:smileup:

Jack Nasty 02-23-2011 10:47 PM

Doors are 6x9 and dash are 3.5's. The 6x9's I chose fit, but they are SNUG with the panel, depth was no problem. 3.5's have little/no slack in the factory wire (if you use it), you really need an extra arm to make it easy. I ordered the factory plug adapter and it did not fit, they sent me the ones for the doors. If you get the correct adapter you would have plenty of room.

Tony

heavyzee 02-24-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Nasty (Post 452810)
Doors are 6x9 and dash are 3.5's. The 6x9's I chose fit, but they are SNUG with the panel, depth was no problem. 3.5's have little/no slack in the factory wire (if you use it), you really need an extra arm to make it easy. I ordered the factory plug adapter and it did not fit, they sent me the ones for the doors. If you get the correct adapter you would have plenty of room.

Tony

which 6x9's do you have??

BigHorn2010 02-24-2011 11:02 AM

I just replaced all 6 speakers in my 2010 Crew Cab. I went with Polks all around. 3.5" in the dash (I ran new wire for those) and 6x9's in all four doors and used the factory wire. I also replaced the head unit and added a 4 channel amp which really brings the polks to life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadbob (Post 452757)
I am getting ready to order upgraded speakers for my 2010 Crew Cab.
Just wanted to see if there are any "Suprises" that I should be aware of when removing the old & installing the new speakers.

According to Crutchfield all of the 10 Ram speakers are 6 1/2". Is this correct?

Thanks.................:smileup:

ABD26 02-24-2011 03:24 PM

Is it worth it? What are you accomplishing by switching out the speakers? How much better is the sound?

Jack Nasty 02-24-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyzee (Post 453004)
which 6x9's do you have??

Rockford Fosgate

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABD26 (Post 453294)
Is it worth it? What are you accomplishing by switching out the speakers? How much better is the sound?

In terms of car audio, $1000 is not a lot, but that is what I spent on mine and it is Sooooooooo much better. Nobody can tell you "how much better" upgrading components will make your system sound, you should find someone who has an aftermarket system that has been installed properly and tuned to a taste similar to yours, then you can see for yourself.

Tony

bmbaker51 02-25-2011 10:52 AM

I did Boston Acoustic 6x9 in all four doors, boston amp under the drivers seat and a boston sub under the passenger's side back seat. Most Boston speakers are very shallow so they fit in the door very easily but they still give tremendous clarity.

The sub was added just for a little extra kick but i never have it more than half way up. I had a custom box built for under the seat to house the sub and sprayed it with rhino liner. No rattles or anything in the truck which i was pleased with. But everything sounds much more....musical? i guess would be the word choice? the stock speakers would kind of mush everything together. The ones i put in are great and you can actually hear just about everything going on in the song. Would def. recommend similar setup.