DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   dodge vs raptor nerf bars (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75324)

NDRyder 02-24-2011 02:59 PM

dodge vs raptor nerf bars

I am trying to decide between the dodge and and raptor nerf bars. The raptors i can get for about a $160 less, but im not sure on the quality of the raptors. Any imput on either one would by much appreciated. Thanks.

916Timmy 02-24-2011 03:46 PM

I'm sure the cheaper ones are still great nerf bars. I think the Mopar ones are more beacuse of the name. I have the dodge steps, and they look and work like everything else out there!!!!

sottis 02-24-2011 08:49 PM

I've got the raptor 5" and I love them - paid about 350.00

Jmorris 02-25-2011 02:34 AM

I have the 4" raptors and love them. I like that the end caps are permanantly connected to the rest of the tube unlike mopar's plastic end caps that just snap in which i've heard people loosing/breaking one and having a hard time finding a replacement.

SslagleZ28 02-25-2011 04:18 AM

It says Mopar so its more, just the way things go these days, the Raptors should be fine.

steelreign 02-25-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorris (Post 453803)
I have the 4" raptors and love them. I like that the end caps are permanantly connected to the rest of the tube unlike mopar's plastic end caps that just snap in which i've heard people loosing/breaking one and having a hard time finding a replacement.

I bought the 5" Raptors oval bar over the Dodge bars mainly because I didn't like the endcap on the Dodge ones. The Raptor's solid endcap give the bars a nice, clean look to them. Also, the Raptor price was better, as already mentioned, I picked up mine for around $350. As far as durability and quality is concerned, they seem pretty stout. FWIW, Raptor says they can hold up to 500 lbs on each side.

PorkChop 02-25-2011 10:12 AM

theyre all pretty much made the same, its just the breckets, some will flex more than others dependign on how "fluffly" you are. the dodge ones, you are payign for the name brand thats all, they are grossly overpriced

NDRyder 02-25-2011 10:29 AM

Thanks for all the information guys....I think I will go with the Raptors and save some money for some other mods....

DodgeRamMan71 02-25-2011 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I went with the 5 inch Raptor tubes. I had them in stalled last summer. I like them a lot. Just make sure you polish them a few times a year to keep them shining.

Greg50Lt 02-25-2011 12:58 PM

I love that the mopar ones have the honey comb style covers on the steps that matches the one on the back bumper and if you have the larmie grille matches that too. Only something ppl who are anal like me look at lol