DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Simple Mod (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75425)

Ram50Man 02-25-2011 06:40 PM

Simple Mod

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, im back with another mod to post... I will do this one right and add pics etc!.. lol...
Ok this is just a simple Mod i did for my windshield washers on my hood. I bought mine off ebay, but i have seen them at Orielly's for around $9 - $14. You can get different colored LED as well, I chose white, but they had Blue, Red, and Purple. They are super easy to install, just pop off the old ones, mount the new ones, then run wiring for the LED to an existing source (i used my source for my driving lights) or run a new toggle in the cab.

Package for the new washers:
Attachment 14934

Back side, see the washers a bit better:
Attachment 14935

On the truck:
Attachment 14936

Not night but, i have a garage!.. lol:
Attachment 14937

sk8noregon 02-25-2011 06:46 PM

Hey, that's still pretty cool ! Can you post a pic with them on at night ?

Ram50Man 02-25-2011 06:59 PM

I sure will, just gotta wait for it to get dark now!... lol

Rammin 02-26-2011 03:54 AM

Those look like flushmount leds for motorcycle turn signals. Interesting.

CajunDodge 02-26-2011 04:19 AM

Now that is a neat mod, very unique and it looks really cool! :smileup:

- Cajun

ScatPak07 02-27-2011 02:53 AM

Sorry to say I am not a fan. It does give a different look. Just a suggestion, why not look at Recon they have a set of day time running lights now. It is like the Audi style with the LED strip. You can throw that on the sides of the grille or something to add to the LED look.

Also do you have HIDs? They look almost like the Halogen bulbs that are blue. A set of HIDs would really make it POP!

Ram50Man 02-27-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScatPak07 (Post 455556)
Sorry to say I am not a fan. It does give a different look. Just a suggestion, why not look at Recon they have a set of day time running lights now. It is like the Audi style with the LED strip. You can throw that on the sides of the grille or something to add to the LED look.

Also do you have HIDs? They look almost like the Halogen bulbs that are blue. A set of HIDs would really make it POP!

No, by all means all criticism is welcome, it will only help make my truck look that much better. The headlights are projector, with a seperate blue bulb, they called it a "city light". But i tottally agree, with all the white LED's my headlights look out of place now... lol I am thinking of doing HID, was looking at ebay earlier for a set.